Technical My fiat died

Currently reading:
Technical My fiat died

Tonitina

why there is no current when starting the DUCATO 18 GRANV LWB JTD 2004 my mini bus Yesterday it was working flawlessly parked in place. It's not on this morning. No current. We checked fuses are working. Battery charged but gives you No current from anywhere. No lights, no power, no lights, no key ignition. Nothing works. Died

why there is no current when starting the DUCATO 18 GRANV LWB JTD 2004 my mini bus Yesterday it was working flawlessly parked in place. It's not on this morning. No current. We checked fuses are working. Battery charged but gives you No current from anywhere. No lights, no power, no lights, no key ignition. Nothing works. Died
i think you will find you have a bad earth connection, there are two earth connections in the engine bay, one for the engine to chassis and one from battery to chassis, your problem will be battery to chassis, undo and grease bolt /terminal and your be good to go, ready for the next problem!

i think you will find you have a bad earth connection, there are two earth connections in the engine bay, one for the engine to chassis and one from battery to chassis, your problem will be battery to chassis, undo and grease bolt /terminal and your be good to go, ready for the next problem!
The above advice although well meant, is inaccurate and confusing. A 2004 Ducato must be an x244 model. On the x244 the cable from the battery negative post, drops to point below the battery, and in front of the RH engine mounting. The main chassis earth is a flag terminal at this point. The same cable continues under the intercooler and radiator, to earth the engine block via a starter motor stud. See attached photos.
While not common corrosion inside the flag terminal where it is crimped around the cable has been reported.

Attachments

• Earthing Chassis.JPG
    Earthing Chassis.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 23
  • Earthing at Bell Housing.JPG
    Earthing at Bell Housing.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 24
  • Earthing Battery Negative.JPG
    Earthing Battery Negative.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 23
Back