164357_10150109880593783_532408782_7539658_4244165_n.jpg

Bravo (Classic) My Fiat Bravissimo.

Introduction

Hello People,
Thought id get a new thread up and running, as my other one was closed :(

Anyway to start of with, i bought the car back in Feb this year for a Measly £500 with 55k on the clock...obviously a few set backs like a dent on the front Wing, and a few scuffs on the rear and front bumper...
well in the time of ownership i believe i have tidied it up a little, i say that and i still havent sorted the Front Wing out yet :p

To the Specs...
Engine;
Sprayed in VHT Red.
Custom Induction Kit Situated To The Bumper.
NGK Iridium Plugs
Performance
100-105bhp
0-62 - 10.9 Secs(In The Wet)
Top Speed - 110+ Mph

And The Mods.....
Fiat Marea Poly Ellipticals
6000K H1 HID's
Twin Pipe Exhaust Back Box
Aluminum Cold Air Feed + Cheapish Filter

Not a alot, but hopefully more should follow :)

Well ill get to the pictures now:slayer:

• Thanks
Reactions: skaramazoo
Re: My Fiat Bravissimo

left a link on your facebook chris for a marea, i think a diff colour would look better, but the colours you mentioned sound good mate,

Just a Written Update !

Last night i had a bit of a scare..it rained all bloody night/early morning...making the roads ridiculously unsafe, anyway pulling up to a junction
there was a massive puddle, enough to reach the bottom of the sump, and as my car doesn't have a undertray its lets all sorts of crap get in, plus i have my air filter quite low.
To the point of this update, basically water got into my intake system and then got into my cylinders...which resulted in the car cutting out, and not turning over... after about 10 mins it finally turned over, sounding very lumpy...gave it some revs to let all the water through the exhaust system..trying to clear it all out..
started up this afternoon, was running good...checked over my intake system and water poured all out..Luckily my catch tank in the system held a good amount of water...so its all cleared out now, air filter also raised up..

Haven't updated this in a while..
not much been going on with the car, but I've decided and finally got round to spraying my wheels, I've only got one done atm, the picture was taken yesterday so i have no clue what the alloy has come out like today as it is at my friends house.

here it is being sanded, the chrome lip was a pain so i just primed over it.

then got some primer on it, i did 3 coats which i think was a fair amount..(first time spraying wheels) :)

Then i got round to putting first coat on, but the picture shown is with 2 coats, oh and the paint is Fiat White #244, off the fiat 500 i think ?

and then some night shots of it next to the car, looks really quite nice :D

i shall get some more updates rolling, need to get on with spraying some more wheels up :)

would be nice, i wanted to do red and leave the chrome, but the chrome is way too hard to work with, all the lacquer peel wont come off, so i ended up doing white all over and looks loads better, tidies the car up too, the chrome made it look tatty :(

Last edited:

Im liking the result :worship: Did it cost much to do? My wheels could do with a refurb, scrapes ablaze (n)

well it was a halfrauds job, so for the primer it cost £7, for each 300ml spray can it was £6, and the lacquer is £7 too :) you use about a can a wheel..so all in all 4 cans of X Colour, 1 can 500ml primer and 1 500ml of lacquer that should cover it all.

hmm minor update here! been keeping this back for a while...my car basically has bent valves :(..
the reason that happened was the timing were out! my idler and tensioner are fudged!!, the ball bearings inside jammed up, making the idler completely useless :/..luckily my friend michael has all the bits at my ready that i need:D

i then got on to dismantling my engine, some of the bolts are bloody sods, they're in the most stupidest of all places.

Anyway, heres the the chewed up idler

Just a picture of the engine, before anything major came off

firstly then got the inlet manifold off which was a pain, some of the bolts were bastards to get off :/

then on to getting the CAM covers off

then unbolting the exhaust from the head :)

tis about it on that update!
but tomorrow is where the fun starts, Head comes off(not mine;)) might feel like it though :D
and a nice port & polished head goes on in replace:)

until tomorrow!
(y)

yes yes yes!!! shes started up bless her!!! so happy, ill get some pictures up in a bizzle :) she is misfiring a little, but i need to really do another service on her, im getting a oil change done tomorrow, putting in 5w/30 semi synthetic??? ive read in to it, and the car will take that oil, but has anyone on here put that in at all because i normally just put in 10w/40, but this oil was free ;).

Last edited:

well another tiny update!
all day i didnt know what to do, so boredom takes over and i decided to do something about my wing mirrors, they look so boring black :/ so the paint i had for the wheels in Fiat 224 white i used on the wing mirror!..
canme out pretty good, only annoying thing is getting the glass back in and i butchered up the paint inside the wing mirror, which is a shame, but you cant see it unless removed again :)

let me know what you lot think ? i quite like them :slayer:

Awesome bravo coming along really nicely! :D

Did you feel any difference running the upgraded head (Ported n polished?)

The white definately suits it!

Awesome bravo coming along really nicely! :D

Did you feel any difference running the upgraded head (Ported n polished?)

The white definately suits it!

Thank you, still has a long way to go. My Deadline to finish the car would be september so i ive got a few months left to get everything sorted, as ill be selling her for a HGT..so i want her to look good for the sale :)

and the port and polish is a strange thing really..like i say id love to get her RR to atleast know the BHP Gains..i cant imagine it being a major gain, id say between 3-6 bhp, i think the gear(s) i notice it most in is 2 and 3...and it picks up alot quicker from say 50-80 in in 3rd gear, if this is something you would consider...you will lose out on Torque aswell :/..dont expect a big gain..but it is enough to notice a slight difference :)

should gain more than 5-8 bhp that had some serious work on it :p
and youve coupled it with my throttle body too :p get that flow going :slayer:

you should buy my ported exhaust manifold too! :rolleyes:

Back