saxo2.jpg

My Chav Charriot

Introduction

Well picked up this Saxo VTR about a week ago. A 1997 Saxo VTR. Comments?

saxo2.jpg
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's got 92,000 miles on the clock. I know this car well, I originally bought it brand new on the 13th December 1997. Was looking on ebay for a track car and saw her up for sale and thought I recognise that car, right place etc. Anyway bought it from the people who have owned her since I traded, so I'm the 1st and 3rd owner. I traded her in 2000 with 57,000 on the clock. All standard apart from it's gone the wrong grille on due to a little prang by me and an aftermarket CD player.

Chav unfortunately these days are the ultimate chav machine :)

Last edited:
LOL, yeah maybe right they is almost as chav as a Punto, I worked with a woman who bought one and she was a bit chav TBH. I found a forum and it really is full of retrobates all this talk of Lexus light and SICK and track bitches, see Beau just bought one too.

beau's is a vts! lol

i like the saxo vtr/s, they are no more chavvy then a punto lol!

Yeah Beau's is a VTS apparently which means it's got a more powerful engine. Bought mine to be used on the track and might drop a VTS engine if I get bored. Atleast mines original and isn't a chopped motor (y)

Got to agree with the Punto / Saxo comment they are as Chav as each other :cool:

tbf his vts is nicer in person then his crappy pics (y)
and yer the vts is 120bhp 1.6 16v and the vtr is like 98 1.6 8v aint it?
same engines as in the 106 gti and rallye?

looks sweet tho, when you gettin some angel eyes and some m3 mirrors :p

tbf his vts is nicer in person then his crappy pics (y)
and yer the vts is 120bhp 1.6 16v and the vtr is like 98 1.6 8v aint it?
same engines as in the 106 gti and rallye?

looks sweet tho, when you gettin some angel eyes and some m3 mirrors :p

similar but different ;) saxos are pretty good cars, ruined by chavs. Also ruined by the makers...... have you seen one in a crash? jesus wept its scary, id have a cage in one if i got one:eek:

infractions may be given out if people keep slagging fiats on a fiat forum

pathetic :)

similar but different ;) saxos are pretty good cars, ruined by chavs. Also ruined by the makers...... have you seen one in a crash? jesus wept its scary, id have a cage in one if i got one:eek:
The trade off for light weight is lack of rigidity. It's arguable the pursuit of that rigidity has gone too far nowadays. Look at the thickness of the A pillars on most new cars; just in case you roll it over. Excess weight is the enemy of acceleration and good fuel consumption.

When the Citroen AX first came out, the only real criticism was that the light weight made it a bit unstable at Motorway speeds in windy conditions, which affects most vehicles to one degree or another.

looks well tidy that, especially for a pre-facelift model (which incidently i always preferred to the facelift version). And tbh, you don't see these original ones that often anymore round here and if you do they are inevitably blue ones. On top of that add the fact that these did so well as they are good cars and i can see why you bought it back, future classic one of these standard i tell thee.

@ Dave: Stop acting like a 5year old mate, you cannot deny that every other mk1 punto is chavved to the hilt just like a saxo.

See a mixture round here in Leeds. Its always 5dr mk1's with tribal graphics down the sides and some daft loud powerflow 4 pipe exhaust system, on a 55sx lol.

But the shellsuit brigade round here prefer their VTR'S, two rizla sheets off the floor, R/S reg in that really common metallic blue colour.

With the price though the mk1 punto is definately climbing the chav motor charts, but the top spot has to be the early MG ZR 105.

Getting away from it a bit here!

Nice tidy example. Like these cars when they're done right, yours obviously isnt going to fall into the catagory of chav, as you have no intentions of modding it such a way! Keep us updated!

I'd completely agree with the mk1 punto being as popular for chavs, I see more of them than corsas badly modified nowadays. Cant remember the last time I saw a tastefully modified mk1 on the roads round here (n)

Jordan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back