Tuning MY CAR HAS HICCUPS

Currently reading:
Tuning MY CAR HAS HICCUPS

Factseeker

Hi All,

Finally sadly have had to dispose of my Renault Espace dating right back to 1994 - ran on LPG - paid for itself 10 times over - would keep it - but no space available.

Need a vehicle for maybe a year that gives similar intenal space and always been fascinated by the Doblo.

So just purchased a Doblo Mk 1 - Diesel 1.9 Active MJT 2006.

All seeems to be going well - in fairness it has given 100K miles already - but super condition.

Had timing belt replaced and note that in previous years plenty of updating - Clutch - Wheels - all very nice.

Last 3 years only 2 / 3000 miles - finally looks like it may have stood still for a few months.

Just one point I seek comment on as this is first Diesel car I ever had or driven.

I have found that at more or less exactly 1800 Rev there is something of 'dead' spot especially when in 3rd gear.

Engine can miss a beat or so and causes a slight hiccup in the drive.

It is not there all the time only when not accelerating - just at cruising.

By 'hiccup' I mean the type of thing that happens if too high gear for the speed of a Car.

Funnily enough it pulls better in 4th gear even when speed if low - not at the 1800 mark?

This problem seems to manifest mainly when in 3rd and only when right at the 1800 Revs mark.

Accelerate up through that mark and no problems at all.

Do diesels do that sort of thing??

Rgds to All.

Back