My BARGAIN Margarita Orange 155 HGT

Currently reading:
My BARGAIN Margarita Orange 155 HGT

A

adam

Hi All

Just picked up this Margarita Orange mk2 155 HGT!...some of you may have seen it on Ebay as a breaker earlier this week.. went to look at it for a few bits for my own HGT..but when i got there the garage and me both agreed it was far too good to break!, it had been left at the garage by its previous owner due to it overheating once at a roundabout down the road, upon being brought to the garage straightaway it was found just to be the cooling fan switch was faulty, no head gasket problems.But while there the owner spotted another car on the forecourt and decided to buy that instead!, leaving the bravo behind and not bothering with the repair, there it sat for 18 months until now!..the owner decided to sell and asked the garage owner to get rid of it..it's only done 80,000 odd miles and its a 1999 t reg, and runs and drives,needs MOT and taxing which shouldn't be a problem ,but the best bit was the price..£150!! :) :) yes thats £150!!! :) :) ..worth every penny, it needed shifting so he sold it for a token amount !..ive got the V5 some previous mot's paperwork manuals, two original blue remote alarm keys (unfortunately no red :( )

here are some pics of it as it arrived with green moss!

some scuffs and a couple of dents..rear qtr and drivers door, all original paint!, has original head unit and MCD 36 changer in boot too!

P1010034-1.jpg

P1010033-1.jpg

P1010032-1.jpg

P1010035-1.jpg

P1010036-1.jpg

P1010037-1.jpg

P1010038-1.jpg

P1010039-1.jpg

P1010041-1.jpg

P1010042-1.jpg

P1010031-1.jpg

P1010044-1.jpg

P1010045-1.jpg

P1010046-1.jpg

P1010047-1.jpg

and here are a few after a jetwash just before it got dark!

P1010048-1.jpg

P1010050-1.jpg

going to do the cambelt, tensioners other beltsand fit the complete fan assembly i got from a 20v marea at my local scrapyard..only cost a tenner!..at the weekend, ..will do some mods..marea headlights and handles, and leather ;) then choose between this and my heraldic blue HGT

Cheers!

great find that!! if you decide to put some different alloys on i'll take the ones that are on at the min off you for a fee :)

hope it dont need to much for its mot. worth every penny though!!

stephend

Great score on that one...

Just noticed the reg #.... mines a T*** SHU too.. :) albeit a different colour..

Nice find!

Is the plastic air intake that should be on the slam pannel missing or have you taken it off to sort the fan out?

Just thought about my post above about the registration #...

My HGT is 1 number higher than yours... 697 !!

Scary...lol.

Thats fantastic! You lucky git! Ive spent almost £150 on a bottom end for my 1.4 bravo, almost 3weeks later and its still not here.

My BARGAIN HGT

Hi all

yes i am a lucky SOB!..even more so as i think the overheating problem is not the fan but just the fan relay that sits in front of the battery, when i removed the cover i found it was heavily corroded,water had been getting in for some time it seemed..green with a a block of rust inside!... going to get a replacement from fiat £7 plus VAT!...will let you know the outcome..

air intake box behind slam panel was missing when i bought the car but i've got one for a fiver from my local breakers.

and.. one digit out on numberplate is spooky!..perhaps they were registrered at the same garage?

Nice. Can't believe you bought it, since only a few weeks ago you want to sell your HGT due to a small dent in the bonnet. :)

Banner08.jpg

6fs02c.gif
:
Fiat Marea Chrome Front Grille. Fiat Bravo MK2 Front Grille.
ePER V4.0 2008 DVD, Bravo & Marea Workshop Manuals, Fiat Bravo Haynes Manual &, Fiat Bravo Owners Manual on CD etc...

hgt's

Yep Joske!..my circumstances financially ahve improved a bit!..but i will need to decide which one to keep..leaning towards the margarita one..just love how the colour flips in the sun! :) ...did you get your wheels ok?

Did you sort out a bonnet chap? That HGT breaking has a sound one but would need spraying to match.

Yeah i like the orange too, just hope its a cheap fix for you. Your lucky to have another car, you can now make one decent car. :)

On another note, yeah i got the wheels ok, will be refurbing them in the weeks to come.

Banner08.jpg

6fs02c.gif
:
Fiat Marea Chrome Front Grille. Fiat Bravo MK2 Front Grille.
ePER V4.0 2008 DVD, Bravo & Marea Workshop Manuals, Fiat Bravo Haynes Manual &, Fiat Bravo Owners Manual on CD etc...

hgt

Oz, got a bonnet from the breaker in peterborough, same colour, and an excellent match, can't tell the difference now its on!

picked up the fan relay today from fiat..it wasn't listed under mk1 or 2 HGT on Eper!..mind you Stan the parts man at Research fiat found it listed on another model!..same relay, he ordered it so we could check it out..identical, just strange it wasn't listed under the HGT's as they all have one!...sits in the fuse box infront of the battery.

part number if anyone needs one is 46520419 £9.14 plus vat!

here are some pics,

P1010053.jpg

P1010054.jpg

P1010055.jpg

cambelt here we come tommorow!

cambelt tensioners?

Hi
all in the process of a cambelt change on the margarita HGT, used the excellent guide on the fiat forum, but there's not enough room even with the engine mount removed to replace the cam tensioner and idler!..is it possible with this method?, or is it only an engine out job?!

hope someone can help!

cheers
adam

Have you pushed the engine over or just removed an engine mount? You need to push the engine over.

Ahh i thought so...whats the best way to do it?...remove the other mount??

any more guides anywhere?

Cambelt now done inc full service, fan relay replaced but unfortunately still overheating, i've go another fan assembly to try, otherwise running ok, iddling is a bit erractic and injector light is on but i think thats just the MAF.
Drives fine on the road nice and smooth on the road, a sweet 5 pot this one!

anybody got any ideas on the overheating if the fan doesn't fix it?

cheers