My Abarth 500 With A Difference!

Currently reading:
My Abarth 500 With A Difference!

Cumminz

Hi there,

Just a short introduction...

My name is Mikey and I stay in Dundee. Since passing my driving test last year, I have owned two cars. One being a brand new (at the time) 1.2 500S. I modified the car a great bit but quickly got bored of the gutless power. I then moved onto an Abarth after owning my first car for 5 months.

Simon actually sold me my new car (a member on here from Dundee)

Just registered to this forum today but have owned my Abarth 500 since January this year. Since buying it, I intended on keeping it standard but these plans have been short lived!

It's a bit different to other Abarths and does stand out! I hope to see some of you at the Italian Car Show at Cairnie at the end of this month

Here are a few pictures of the car!

I have some major plans...including a bigger turbo and upgraded front mount interxooler but that will all come in time. In summary though, I love the car!

Will upload more information later including plans and specs. It's fortune doing it all on my phone!

Welcolm to the forum, and finnaly good to get an abarth on! Looks very clean and dosent have all the silly stickers on! I like.. What's been done so far?

Stuart said:
Looks lovely, welcome to FS buddy

Thanks mate! Should have done it a long time ago when I got my first car! Hope to see some of you at the show at the end of this month.

simon_16vpunto said:
Finally! This boy loves his car lol.

You spurred me on to join! You love your car(s) just as much...don't lie!

Mrcento said:
Very nice!

Sure i saw you on the road a couple of days ago somewhere!

You probably did mate! I'm always kicking about being a taxi service! Next time you see me give me a toot!

lowered-punto said:
Yeah see you in Dundee a lot when I'm at college lol think I tried racing you once lost very quickly lol

Haha I can't remember this...sure it was me haha? I'm needing to to go a bit quicker, remap next week though so that should unleash a few more horses!

Ckem247 said:
Welcolm to the forum, and finnaly good to get an abarth on! Looks very clean and dosent have all the silly stickers on! I like.. What's been done so far?

I must admit I did contemplate getting side stripes etc when I first got it but I like how the car stands out, especially with the emblems removed from the rear panels. It is very plain looking but it definitely goes in its favour (I think)

Modifications/upgrades so far (big and small)

ronal r50 aero wheels (16") with Toyo Proxes
novitec Lowering springs (these will change to coilovers)
team Heko wind deflectors
15% tints on back 3 windows
Chrome mirror caps
Stubby aerial
Smoked side repeaters
Red/clear rear lights
Silvertec bulbs all round
Marelli bombardone group n exhaust system (might be getting upgraded...can't seem to get the right tailpipe matching the left)
Piaa drls
Pressed plates
Aluninium fuel cap/oil filler
gtt induction kit
Gtt battery cover
Gtt coolant cover
Forge intake hose
Competizone gear knob
Competizone sill covers
Metal pedals

That's all I can think of currently!

Future mods include:

New exhaust
Remap
Forge BOV
Front mount intercooler
Turbo actuator
Pinto turbo
Coilovers
Sabelts
Removal of rear seats

How I can do multiple replies in the one message out of interest?

Click on picture to enlarge it and the multiquote button is circled in red. Click on that for the posts you're quoting

[attachment=1:lmonxoc8]multiquote.jpg[/attachment:lmonxoc8]

Nice car btw and welcome to the forum :)

ETA, if you can't see it on the picture it's beside the reply with quote button

Harper said:
Click on picture to enlarge it and the multiquote button is circled in red. Click on that for the posts you're quoting

View attachment 3914

Nice car btw and welcome to the forum :)

ETA, if you can't see it on the picture it's beside the reply with quote button

Many thanks!!

Just booked my car in for a new exhaust at pipe dynamics!

Two 3.5" carbon fiber slash cut tips, with straight pipes so should sound the same as my bombardone but sit a bit neater and look stealthy!!

Mrcento said:
Will do, If you see somebody in a suzuki tooting and waving at you, don't be (too) alarmed, it's probably me :laugh:

Takes a lot to alarm me mate!

Ckem247 said:
Turbo back or cat back?

Currently only cat back but looking into a full system including decat after the first mot.

Back