Punto (Mk2/2b) My 5 Door Mk2

Currently reading:
Punto (Mk2/2b) My 5 Door Mk2

RyanWhitehouse

Hey guys, I bought this car a few months ago for my 17th and haven't been able to do much to it due to the insurance not allowing mods :bang:

I personally like the 5dr punto's but not many people agree with that haha,
However i've tried to add my own little touches to it without upsetting the insurance(y)

What I've done:

- De-badged the boot
- Changed the bulbs to bright white
- Resprayed My Steelies
- Added a new head-unit

Can't think of anything else :p

Here's a few pictures:

166587_3368398174175_1686652682_n.jpg

255389_3641875250931_1772059559_n.jpg

428834_10151333458892262_705351271_n.jpg

547759_3632484176160_1211973388_n.jpg

557463_3636326792223_229340090_n.jpg

If anyone want's to see some more pictures let me know and i'll upload some more (y)

Any ideas/ improvements will be taken on board

lmfao that's my mate's car.. Got a 28 year old car at 17;) must say it's a head turner though, only done about 28k on the clock had 1 owner before my mate had it, he's slammed it and put a cherry bomb exhaust on it, sounds mint tbh.

Turns heads everywhere ;)

Looking good so far m8 (y)

I couple of other mods that you can do with out changing insurance is to de bump strip the sides and to colour code wing mirrors and door handles.

keep up the stuble mods and you will alos have a head turner as you dont see many 5doors modded.

thanks mate :)

Yeah, i'm gonna have a look at taking the bump strips off tomorrow any tips? and a for the door handles i'm not sure that will look right with the black bumpers? considering getting some color coded bumpers but not sure if that will affect my insurance =\

It's a bitch working around the insurance at 17 haha.

& yeah not many nice 5 doors on the road and they get bad rep:( wanna try change that in my area;)

thanks for the feedback m8

Sorry to jump on your thread here but I'm using an I pad and have no clue as to how to start my own !#tw*t (me I mean)

Any way I'm much the same as you just turned 18 and bought a 2002 5 door punto (mk2) I think but I really know nothing Bout it , iv narrowed it down to be the worste thing iv every purchased as I can't even seem to find a nice wide arch kit for it never mind attempting to get 80+hp out the thing !

Basically I'm looking for people opinions , what would be the best thing to do with this sh*tty five door? I want all the usually full kitt, straight threw exhaust , de-strip ,de-badge , gsr induction or focus induction ( both of witch are like hens teach to find!) replace the plugs and colour code the full engine bay , bigger calpiers, nice wheals , either lowering springs or just go all out on decent coil overs, interior is getting stripped and back seas removed and show cage out in place as well as my beloved sti half bucket seats :D anyone think of anything else ? Iv heard of be handling the back doors but really have no c,he how to? I got this car in full working order tax mot the lot for £50 Hesse the on,y reason I'm not just buying a 3 door , any info would really be appreciated guys and if any one can help out with links . Parts for sale? Or even just a little info as to how to do something Id appreciate it !

Sorry to jump on your thread here but I'm using an I pad and have no clue as to how to start my own !#tw*t (me I mean)

Any way I'm much the same as you just turned 18 and bought a 2002 5 door punto (mk2) I think but I really know nothing Bout it , iv narrowed it down to be the worste thing iv every purchased as I can't even seem to find a nice wide arch kit for it never mind attempting to get 80+hp out the thing !

Basically I'm looking for people opinions , what would be the best thing to do with this sh*tty five door? I want all the usually full kitt, straight threw exhaust , de-strip ,de-badge , gsr induction or focus induction ( both of witch are like hens teach to find!) replace the plugs and colour code the full engine bay , bigger calpiers, nice wheals , either lowering springs or just go all out on decent coil overs, interior is getting stripped and back seas removed and show cage out in place as well as my beloved sti half bucket seats :D anyone think of anything else ? Iv heard of be handling the back doors but really have no c,he how to? I got this car in full working order tax mot the lot for £50 Hesse the on,y reason I'm not just buying a 3 door , any info would really be appreciated guys and if any one can help out with links . Parts for sale? Or even just a little info as to how to do something Id appreciate it !

Welcome to the forum.

my opinion? Grow up. and i think you missed neons off your list of sik modz to go with your wide arch kit bbbbrrap!

lol. sorry,
ANYWAY, BACK ON TOPIC.

anything that the car would come out of the factory with wouldn't effect your insurance, (check with your insurers, a quick call will do this :) )
so you can change to C/C bumpers including fiat alloys.
I like some 5 doors, it really depends on the colour :)
other things are, removing the rear wiper and replacing with a grommet :)

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum.

my opinion? Grow up. and i think you missed neons off your list of sik modz to go with your wide arch kit bbbbrrap!

lol. sorry,
ANYWAY, BACK ON TOPIC.

anything that the car would come out of the factory with wouldn't effect your insurance, (check with your insurers, a quick call will do this :) )
so you can change to C/C bumpers including fiat alloys.
I like some 5 doors, it really depends on the colour :)
other things are, removing the rear wiper and replacing with a grommet :)

in this instance i suggests he keeps these and uses them as his bidet:D

I personally like the 5dr punto's but not many people agree with that...

I do! I love my five-door ELX... -- although don't plan on modifying it too much. (I'd thought about lowering it: but not sure if I really want a harder ride. (If you see what I mean.)) :eek:

Have already swapped the stock steelies with Sporting alloys (see here); and would like to add a Sporting front bumper, to match; but that's about it, for the moment (other than the darned good clean and wax it got, last week; a set of wind deflectors; some nice new mats -- with nice blue edging, to match the interior -- and some mudflaps: which will get fitted in the next few days). :)

Will probably swap out the headlights for some nice angel-eyes, at some stage: as the country lanes round here could do with a little extra illumination...! :cool:

Good luck with your project: it's good to see a five-door being modded, for a change...! (y)

Hey guys, I bought this car a few months ago for my 17th and haven't been able to do much to it due to the insurance not allowing mods :bang:

I personally like the 5dr punto's but not many people agree with that haha,
However i've tried to add my own little touches to it without upsetting the insurance(y)

What I've done:

- De-badged the boot
- Changed the bulbs to bright white
- Resprayed My Steelies
- Added a new head-unit

Can't think of anything else :p

Here's a few pictures:

166587_3368398174175_1686652682_n.jpg

255389_3641875250931_1772059559_n.jpg

428834_10151333458892262_705351271_n.jpg

547759_3632484176160_1211973388_n.jpg

557463_3636326792223_229340090_n.jpg

If anyone want's to see some more pictures let me know and i'll upload some more (y)

Any ideas/ improvements will be taken on board

Hi, looks good mate, if i was u id colour code the door handles handles and bumpers, and yeah if u wanted 2 u could spray ure steelies again, but in white (rally style), ive seen it on a green one b4 and it looked really good.:slayer:

thanks for the comments guys, I think my plans right now are to color code the mirrors and door handles, and also remove my bump strips, I do like my steelies for some reason but I suppose a nice set of black sporting alloys would look good, I had some a few weeks ago and sprayed them purple they looked mint but i didn't think i could put them on because of my insurance(n) sold them wish i had kept them now heres a pic of them

IMG00566-20120614-0955.jpg

I do like purple and it would really make my car a head turner but I'm not sure if i should respray my steelies purple or not? any advice :p

And on the subject of the 5 door/3 door battle, 3 doors are obviously the "ideal" punto for mods, but I do prefer the 5 door I think it looks pretty smart, just wanna be a bit different I think and do something not many have haha.

Any more ideas will be taken on board,

Will post some more pictures of progress when i get around to doing it.

i sold those purple ones really regret it now :( might ring up my insurance and double check with them.

Then if everything's fine get myself some nice sporting alloys then either spray them black or purple, or maybe even blue to match my interior.

Opinions?

Don't give them a policy number just ask a question, My abarth alloys that i had on the mk2 never effected my insurance, they told me (admiral) if the car can come out of the factory with those wheels, or any other 'optional extra's then it doesn't effect insurance premium as long as there OEM parts.

don't tell them you have steelies on and can you have alloys. just say the car has factory alloys, will this effect my premium? if not. put them on :)

If you do get another set of alloys

make allows summer tyres

And make your steelies winter tyres, like i am :)

A - it spreads the tyre wear way out for you
B - Means you are atleast going to check there in okay condition
C - Keeps the alloys nicer for longer
D - Helps keep the brakes toasty
E - Winter tyres help you grip better anyway :)

ziggy

Looks good mate, definitely colour code the bumper and handles and wing mirrors etc.. would look so much better then (y)

Remember tho you can mod the inside of your car aswell :) like a new sound system as punto stock speakers aren't brilliant haha also you can swap the steering wheel for the leather punto sporting steering wheel :) changing the leds in your dash etc.. :) colour code the interior aswell just pick a colour theme and stick with it and work you way through the car (y)

Also how did your de-strip go? :)

Thanks mate!

Yeah I am going to colour code the bumpers handles and mirrors all at once so need to wait a for weeks till my birthday for that extra bit of cash to buy the bumpers :)

Yeah i like the black & silver theme, so I was considering getting some black door cards/ alfa seats and blue led's on my dash/clocks.

I want to replace both my door speakers as well but also that comes with when i have the extra money.

& for the de-strip it's still on hold atm, having really bad rain here atm gotta wait for a sunny day don't wanna risk anything in the rain, still wanna look at a few more guides aswell before i go into it and ruin the side of my car haha.

Thanks for your comments mate :D

Thanks mate!

Yeah I am going to colour code the bumpers handles and mirrors all at once so need to wait a for weeks till my birthday for that extra bit of cash to buy the bumpers :)

Yeah i like the black & silver theme, so I was considering getting some black door cards/ alfa seats and blue led's on my dash/clocks.

I want to replace both my door speakers as well but also that comes with when i have the extra money.

& for the de-strip it's still on hold atm, having really bad rain here atm gotta wait for a sunny day don't wanna risk anything in the rain, still wanna look at a few more guides aswell before i go into it and ruin the side of my car haha.

Thanks for your comments mate :D

Good stuff look forward to seeing it with those bits sorted :)

As for the de-strip I used a hairdryer and some fishing line to get the strips off but make sure you take your time!! Then if you have left over adhesive I sprayed wd40 on it and then scraped it off, comes off much easier then :)

Okay thanks for the advice mate, the next sunny day we have here which i hope is soon i'll get it done and get a few pictures up here;) also i think i want to spray my steelies purple or blue, opinions?

Back