General My 2013 Fiat Panda

Currently reading:
General My 2013 Fiat Panda

My panda generally acts fine, except when I drive up a long, usually steep hill; about halfway up, it momentarily loses some power, and the engine light comes on with a beep. Immediately after that, the Generic failure light. (Sometimes, the loss of power stays, but it continues to run okay most of the time.) And upon checking with the OBD-2 tool, I get the code P0244 regarding the waste-gate valve signal compare failure. I have replaced the turbo and its components, the turbo boost pressure sensor, both spark plugs (As I found out that the previous owner/mechanic had put the wrong ones in (shorter thread)), the turbo pressure control solenoid, the intake manifold pressure sensor and the upstream oxygen sensor. Does anybody have a clue what is going on?

Hi :)

Twinairs can be 'fussy' :(

Is yours Euro 5 or 6??

I have a Euro6 that does a similar thing... I think its Temperature related... changed my plugs too :)

My MES software just says 'misfire' though P0302 last week.. think Ive seen others.. but nothing Turbo related

(Mine is also 2013 and has stuttered when 'halfwarm' since 10k.. now on 33k it does it so reliable its funny... )

But the MIL when travelling at 70 mph after @1 hour is annoying

Turning on and off.. even while still rolling restores 'normal service'...

So just a 'Failsafe' triggering limpmode

Last edited:
Mine does exactly the same... would a replacement turbo solve the problem or its all to do with the waste gate valve.. it only happens uphill at 60 to 70... and cab cleared by an obd code reader.

Mine does exactly the same... would a replacement turbo solve the problem or its all to do with the waste gate valve.. it only happens uphill at 60 to 70... and cab cleared by an obd code reader.

A friend's ( Euro5..?) 500 does the same..

Has done for years with no other problems..

It's not as it left the factory though

Different oil and a less restrictive exhaust

Back