192.jpg

Punto (Mk2/2b) My 2002 Mk2 Punto Sporting (Pic Heavy)

Introduction

CAR SPECIFICATIONS:

- Model : Sporting
– Engine size : 1242 16v
- Year : 2002
– Colour : Grey (MG X-Power Titanium Grey)

ENGINE MODIFICATIONS :

- None

STYLING MODIFICATIONS:

- Merkur-Tuning Front & Rear Bumpers (Front and rear bumpers have had rub strip smoothed and number plate recess resized)
- Abarth Rear Spoiler & Skirts
- Mattig DTM Mirrors fitted without base plates and indicators added
- Powerflow Dual Exit 6x4" Cat Back Exhaust System by Custom Performance
- Ultra Black Halo Headlights
- Mk2B Rear Lights
- 17" Kei Racing Force 10 Alloys in Hyper Black (Pirelli P-Zero Nero 195/40 tyres)
- Single Wiper Conversion
- Removed/Smoothed Off- Door Handles & Locks, Boot Lock & Wiper, Front & Rear Washer Jets (Fronts Relocated to Single Wiper), Bonnet Badge, Bad Boyed, Side Repeaters, Aerial, Abarth Badge Recess on Skirts, Petrol Flap & Finger Recess. Rub Strips Removed & Smooth scuttle.

INTERIOR:

- Front and rear seats and door cards retrimmed in dark red leather
- A,B & C Pillars retrimmed in black alcantara
- Rear Parcel Shelf filled and retrimmed in black alcantara
- Roof lining removed of all handles, visors and clips and then retrimmed in black.

CHASSIS:

- Damper Tech Custom Fully Adjustable (Height & Damping) Front Coilovers allowing 30mm-120mm adjustment (set at 110mm approx)
- Fk Konigsport Fully Adjustable Rear Coilovers reworked by Damper Tech allowing 30mm-105mm adjustment (set at 105mm approx)

FUTURE MODS/WIP:

The next thing on my list is the Ice. All the stereo is bought and I (with more than a lot of help from a mate) have made a start on the install itself.

ICE LIST & WIP PICS:

- HEADUNIT- Alpine IVA D310R 7" Widescreen Dvd
- SPEAKERS- 4x JL W3 V3 SVC 8ohm 12" Subs, JL XR 6.5" Component Speakers in Custom Door Builds. JL XR 5.5" Coaxials in Rear.
- AMPS- Rockford Fosgate T20001bd (Mono) powering all 4 subs at 2ohms.
Rockford Fosgate T8004 4 channel powering fronts and Rears.
- POWER- Stinger Ice battery (1000 CCA)
- 2x 1.2 Farad Alphasonik Power Caps

Its still very rough...

ah thats good!

will see it at long last lol

it will most probably be slammed, not harcore like you though :(

That is pure sex... What a great job... see this is what gets on my tits! Body kits are smart when done properly! Unlike the chavs you see that have stuck them on with sticky back plastic. Dan you get my thumbs up... stunnin! Oh one thing, does your car have allergies to speed bumps? lol

That is pure sex... What a great job... see this is what gets on my tits! Body kits are smart when done properly! Unlike the chavs you see that have stuck them on with sticky back plastic. Dan you get my thumbs up... stunnin! Oh one thing, does your car have allergies to speed bumps? lol

Thanks alot mate, :)

Yeah the car and speed bumps aren't best friends. As long as I keep them away from each other there are no problems, lol

I thought I would update the thread as its been a while.

As I mentioned in earlier posts the plan was to get the car lower in the front arches. In early January work started, :)

This took a fair bit of work, probably more than I expected, ;)

The carbon filter was removed from the drivers side front arch and relocated under the bonnet and like wise the washer bottle now lives under the bonnet after its home formally being in the passenger side front arch. This as I am sure you have guessed was to allow a bigger drop, :)

P1100001.jpg

P1100003.jpg

4x 185/35x17 tyres were imported from Germany and with a combination of rear arch rolling 20mm spacers (5mm's were being used) are now fitted to the rear.

The new narrower tyres also meant the new front drop was possible, :)

P1100005.jpg

The car also went into the bodyshop to have around 40mm removed from the front bumper. This was also to allow the new drop as the depth of the standard Merkur bumper meant the car was undriveable.

The dual rear exhaust cans/tips were removed and the rear bumper smoothed over.

Please excuse the the next 2 dirty pics. The car was cleaned straight after, :)

P3070030x.jpg

P3070022x.jpg

Picture_005X.JPG

The car is now for sale (unfortunately :() as I am buying a house. If you are interested please see my classified or Piston Heads ad.

https://www.fiatforum.com/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=13383&cat=24

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/931385.htm

Last edited:
Back