CIMG3347.JPG

Stilo My 1.8....long awaited, picture rich. :) suggestions welcomed.

Introduction

This is my stilo, bought it about a year ago...the first hing i did, on the first day was install a car pc i bought off of Volxstu in bits, that is bullied into life lol. of course it was riddled with problems....the rest is pictorial....
enjoy...

on day 1 it was so....

i then added the pc bits but didnt take any pictures....i took some pictures later, there later on in the chronological ways

next i got the cam belt done, it was a lil overdue

i then got a SS exhaust from powerflow in hayes....

then i added the ICE in the boot...ive got a vibe space box 4 channel amp and a JBL 14001e, an inverted vibe space with a box in the wheel well, and diamond audio HEX 600 6.5" in the fornt doors, no speakers in the back....yet

then the clutch gave in never seen anyhitng like this before....

Re: My 1.8....long awaited, picture rich. :) suggestions welcomed

Those alloys are blades not claws.

Also forgot to add that spectrum sludge looks a bit thin. It should be 2mm for a light coat and 4mm for full coat. (y)

Also also forgot to add, i love your dedication to this car. I think a lot of people would have written it off.

Last edited:

its a lil thin in the passenger area, but in the boot its 4mm min...proper thick took 4 days in the baking heat to go hard....and i can turn it up most times, but when u juat want to cruise with a few freinds back from a day out in south end, its a bit difficult and annoying to have to talk over an exhaust din....yeh im dedicated to it, i like it too much to let it go, and my dad has been giving me a kick every time i thought about thinking about ending it lol.

on the blades: i sanded them down by hand took AGES
then on the deep gouges (There were 3) i used quick steel an epoxy that sets (what i found to be harder than the actual alloy!) then ground it flat with a dremmle...then more sanding smooth, then ussed surface filler for the slight imperfections, then yellow filler primer u can see, then sand with 1500 wet, then grey primer, then 2 coats of paint, then 2 coats of lacquer...then 4 WEEKS waiting for tyres :( the colour is afla silver 2 from wheelpaints.co.uk i think £50 odd per 500ml sovent based u need about 300ml...600ml after thinning 1:1 paint and thinners...

Last edited:

messed witht he gains and replaced my RCA's from normal big ones to 6mm^2 cables :) whine suppressed sramatically.

i turned the deltabox to 0db on the input gain and -20db on the outputs, then cranked up the amplifiers, and no whine! it seems as tho the delta box's jiggery pokery is making the alternator whine bad...

anyone know what a balanced input is?? or what the mono (L+R) setting is in my vibe amp? ATM its on stereo...

An update....

Ive concluded that what the setting i was querying does is take the L + R stereo inputs, makes them equal to each other I.E. dual mono and outputs them to the speakers, it might be a placebo but the whine is a little better, but the sound Quality is poo, so back to stereo, i set the amp to is highest amplification level with the smallest possible input gain and it sounds sweet as now :D

also i now have tints....its looking NICE, medium on the back 3 and light up front £120 from eclipse in north london by brent-X, they were so impressed with my install (mainly the quality, the brazillian owner said hed seen soo many bogde jobs and mine was excellent ( i almost blushed)) im now the person they call when a customer wants ICE, pics soon to follow after i wash it (its been disgracefully long) then HOPEFULLY soon ill get a delivery from day-line in germany....roll on 13/08/2010.....

EBC green stuff fitted front and back, makes an interesting colour contrast green on red...the fiat wind back tool was rubbish, both the clockwise and anti-clockwise counterpart snapped half way through use...i took the rear callipers to my local garage and they wound them in FOC :)

some nasty bastard tried to steal my bottom black grill....but was thwarted by my mountain of No More Nails....i now have a v shaped scratch/gouge in the lower part of my bumper :( this depresses me....ill have to get creative with the paint....

oooh today my DRL's arrived.....should be getting my wheels back from powdercoating on friday....paint was nice, but just not durable enough....they stone chipped WAYYYY to easy....

heres a taster:

CIMG3985.JPG

theyll be on the car when the car gets out of body shop...its been in and out so many times because im pedantic :D ...and it was bound to happen...they polished through the paint so you could just see the dark blue coming through....should be a good end of the week, pay day on friday aswell :D

O i think about time for an update, my mate took me a place to get some good photos, it didn't disappoint....

take a look:

His car:
CIMG4023.JPG

Both:
CIMG4038.JPG

Mine:
CIMG4043.JPG

List of modifications since last pics:
Tints; light front, medium rear 3
Wind deflectors
Powder-coated Blades
Colour coded bump strips all round
DRL headlights from dectane
Re-sprayed Wing mirrors and Spoiler (they had faded :( )

OBV all work done my self

Front shot:
CIMG4058.JPG

DRL's:
CIMG4059.JPG

From above:
CIMG4070.JPG

DRL close up:
CIMG4080.JPG

Rear shot:
CIMG4082.JPG

CIMG4086.JPG

Side on in the sun!:
CIMG4092.JPG

comments welcome!

Those lights are sexy and well worth the wait and hard work IMO. Are you as pleased with them after all said and done?

Those wheels need to be anthracite. I know its what i done but i think it will just make that car.

Ive just had my Schumacher badge re stuck on but looking at your side skirts the badges are going when i get them resprayed. Much smoother and sexier IMO.

Last edited:
yeh i considered anthracite...but not this time, i had anthracite on my mk1 punto....and i liked the fact that the powder silver matches the silver alfa paint i used 1st time round....you cant powdercoat centre caps...

deff pleased with the lights...recieved nothing but complements so far...including two quite drunk people who took a particular liking to them, until they realised they were attached to a car...that moves lol

i thought about side badges, but as you said the side looks NICE without :)

Attachments

• DSC_02021[2].jpg
    DSC_02021[2].jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 207
Back