1373409072767.jpg

Grande Punto My 1.2 active grande punto (cookie monster)

Introduction

So I thought it was about time I started a members motor thread for my boy. I bought him on my 20th birthday in mid may. It came looking like the first picture. I like the way it looks now but I have a few plans both short and long term for when I have the money.

So basically e stuff already done to it:
Stainless full exhaust system
16" team dynamics white with blue strip
Scorpion badge
White stripes and side stickers
And the second pictures of after I gave it a good clean and polish
Back three tints

Things I've done:
Kept it clean ;)
Took the door bump strips off
White bulbs (not HID)

Future plans:
Hoping to lower next year when I can chose to own insurance as I'm on multicar with admiral with everyone else in the house at the moment

Head unit change (pretty far down the list)

Tinted headlights/tail lights or abarth light (undecided)

Wheels refurb in anthracite

And painting the grills black.

Any other suggestions are very welcome and I would like to hear you ideas. I will post some more pictures below that I think look good.

The last two were taken this evening, and me and my mate went for a drive and found a nice empty field. I apologise for the dirty car it's getting cleaned this week at some point.
Took the wheels to the sprayers today. Hopefully get them back for Tuesday they say, had to buy a new locking nut after the garage that did my breaks last year messed up the key. So that added another 24 pounds onto the cost.

Role on Tuesday! Cannot wait to see them!

Sam

Whats getting done to them mate full refurb white?

Picking up the wheels on Wednesday and also had a thought about so mods for the car when money allows me. I'm going to buy some abarth fronts and when they are on I will paint my grill black to match.

Also the dreaded knocking has arrive when turning at low speed which I'm sure will be the top mounts. It's on both sides.

Also when the time comes to get new tyres I think I'm going to go with 185 as apposed to 195 as at the moment the tyres look too big for the rims IMO.

I'll sort the suspension issues first obviously. Alot to pay for in the first half of this year so hopefully money will be kind to me.

Sam

Picking up the wheels on Wednesday and also had a thought about so mods for the car when money allows me. I'm going to buy some abarth fronts and when they are on I will paint my grill black to match.

Also the dreaded knocking has arrive when turning at low speed which I'm sure will be the top mounts. It's on both sides.

Also when the time comes to get new tyres I think I'm going to go with 185 as apposed to 195 as at the moment the tyres look too big for the rims IMO.

I'll sort the suspension issues first obviously. Alot to pay for in the first half of this year so hopefully money will be kind to me.

Sam

Plans sound good man! I know what you mean about the tyres, they are a little chunky! haha!

Its a shame you cant afford to get some eibachs or h&r springs to replace whilst the top mounts are being done :(
Ill have a listen at the meet to see if it is! Mine went not long before i had my suspension done haha :(

Cant wait to see the wheels!

I picked the wheels up earlier the evening. They are gleaming, well they were until I got home and wet roads had done there job. So happy with how the look, the wheels look so much bigger and better without the blue rim lining. They swapped the front for the backs to rotate the tyres. Now with falkens on the front it's so much different to drive. They are also getting close to needing changing within the next few months so I'll start my plan of going to 185s on my tyres from 195. Only big mods I want doing really now are new backbox with 3 outward roll tip and lowering. They will happen when I have the money so looking like early to mid summer.

Any advice on decent tyres that won't blow the budget would be greatly appreciated and if anyone knows of any tyres with a nice looking sidewall that'd be good too.
Thanks

Sam

I picked the wheels up earlier the evening. They are gleaming, well they were until I got home and wet roads had done there job. So happy with how the look, the wheels look so much bigger and better without the blue rim lining. They swapped the front for the backs to rotate the tyres. Now with falkens on the front it's so much different to drive. They are also getting close to needing changing within the next few months so I'll start my plan of going to 185s on my tyres from 195. Only big mods I want doing really now are new backbox with 3 outward roll tip and lowering. They will happen when I have the money so looking like early to mid summer.

Any advice on decent tyres that won't blow the budget would be greatly appreciated and if anyone knows of any tyres with a nice looking sidewall that'd be good too.
Thanks

Sam

Is the 3 inch outward rolled tip my fault? Hahaha
Seriously cant wait to see the wheels dude! I bet they look sooo awesome!

Toyo proxes t1r have a nice sidewall and so do yokohama parada spec 2s haha.
Any decent tyre will have nice smooth sidewalls though.

Yes luke it is your fault haha. They look so good! Get annoyed with the letter box on mine now haha! Also a cheeky taster of the wheels :) Sweex

Think I'm going to step away from the 3" rolled out tip aha, might go down a different route :idea:
Wheels are looking good but get your drums painted matt black or something.

You got any full car pictures with the wheels on?

Think I'm going to step away from the 3" rolled out tip aha, might go down a different route :idea:
Wheels are looking good but get your drums painted matt black or something.

You got any full car pictures with the wheels on?
alx wheels on the car for you buddy

Attachments

• 1391101672533.jpg
    1391101672533.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 81
Not updated for a few weeks, top mounts being replaced on Saturday, can't wait to get the knocking sorted. Went to the punto enthusiasts meet on cov, brilliant turn out and such a good day. Few pictures to follow. Future short term plans are to swap out a few things as may is time for mot so trying to to get him as perfect as possible. So firstly two new tyres on the fronts. Gonna go for falken ze912's I think and then things like spark plugs, air filter etc. I'll try and do something every week after payday but that depends if money allows.

I'm the distant future maybe summer time, hopefully before the big shows I'll be getting something to lower him. Whether it be coilies or springs I'm not sure yet, and I want the abarth fronts too. Also near show season I'm looking into getting him mahcine polished getting rid of the swirls etc. Other mods will just be tidying up different bits and pieces and just general maintenance. As I'm trying to save a bit of money for something a bit quicker in a few years time. Ive fell in love with the abarth punto EVO supersports recently.

Sam

So I bit the bullet and bidded on a camera. It's arrived today and I love it? The few pictures I've taken just playing with it are. Really good, I can't wait to start taking so proper shots of the car in the great outdoors. It's a fujifilm fine pix s2980 for anyone who is interested. Paid 60 quid and it's pretty much brand new. It's an ex display camera and I love it haha! Cars been cleaned as well haha but it's dirty again because British weather is very crap

Sam

Back