Mustang for venters :D

Currently reading:
Mustang for venters :D

Ok now I will eat my own words :suicide2: (grr mutter mutter grr) Stew you were right it was an RB26 Engine from a Nissan Silvia S15

Since all of the other cars were confiscated by the police, Sean and his team use the engine, an RB26DETT, from the S15 Silvia Sean had ruined in his first race. Sean, Twinkie, and Han's crew borrow his father's car, a green 1967 Ford Mustang Fastback, and work on it. After transplanting the Nissan engine and doing some upgrades, as well as test runs on the mountains, the old Mustang is fully modified for the race.

abyss113 said:
that reminds me ive still to get the second one on HD :D

I've got all 4 on DVD, and 3 1:18 Scale Models! The Dodge Charger from the 1st Film and The Nissan Skyline from the 2nd Film as well as the Limited Edition Mitsubishi Eclipse from the 2nd Film. Also I have a Poster of The Skyline from the 2nd Film, and a poster of some of the cars from Tokyo Drift.

The Charger and Skyline were out of their Boxes and on display in a friend's shop when I bought them, but the Mitsubishi has never been out of it's box and never will!!!

the second one seems to be rare probably cause it was that poop thats its not cheap to buy on hd :D

Personally I reckon the third one's the best for a few reasons, one massive one being that Paul Walker isn't in it - the guy makes Keanu Reeves look like Laurence Olivier :laugh:

Other reasons include that gorgeous Veilside Fortune RX-7 and the afore mentioned ludicrousness/coolness of the RB26 engined Mustang. Just the visual/sound combination of it drifting round the corners (though mostly done in post production) was just brilliant :laugh:

i also like the dj shadow song at the start of tokyo drift :D but yeah its a nice rx7 but im a bit biased on those as i do love them as a top jap car for me :D just to thirsty to ever own one and then the whole problem with the rotors could be a bit of a pain :)

Andi_F said:
I'd guess Ming that the RB26 engine was fitted for the film! That's why I thought it was an S13 engine that was fitted into the Mustang!! Blue 200sx according to my poster was an Nissan Silvia S-13 and not a later Nissan Silvia S-15 ...

Your poster is incorrect then :tongue3: ...

the-fast-and-the-furious-tokyo-drift-car-of-the-day-hans-s15-20060616023331818_640w_4e57fe45.jpg

106.jpg

As I said in the text, the s13 may well have been in the film at some point, it maybe just wasn't that prominent - for some reason they decided to put it on your poster instead of the s15. This then leads to confusion and a few pages on a forum thread...

Back