Mustang for venters :D

imported_abyss113

Established member
as i was sayig earlier mates 67 mustang without the exhasut fitted :D

and a couple of pics from his archive :D

IMGP9508-3.jpg

DSCF1786.jpg

transparent.jpg

it will be out soon again as its coming up for sumer time so hes gonna release it from the garage :D

ok mate has now informed me of new plans for the mustang :) drum roll please :D
from his original post :D

"just bought this to fit in the Mustang...
arrives in a month. Cant wait to fit it!
have bought a 2nd Bonnet for the car in fiberglass as I'll have to cut a whacking great hole in it to let the intake poke out and I didn't want to do that to the original bonnet

For me this is a dream come true really... over 500BHP is something I've always wanted
there ain't no substitute for cubic capacity
75LitreBigBlock500BHP.jpg

Once you get the 500bhp lump in, do you think your mate would be up for a wee race against a 1.3 Fiat? The old saying 'There is no replacement for displacement', I would love to prove wrong!!!

charliemk1 said:
Once you get the 500bhp lump in, do you think your mate would be up for a wee race against a 1.3 Fiat? The old saying 'There is no replacement for displacement', I would love to prove wrong!!!

Thinks already been proven wrong with all the silly power skyline and stuff :p (2.6 lump :p )

Ming

YcMing said:
Thinks already been proven wrong with all the silly power skyline and stuff :p (2.6 lump :p )

Ming

yes and no, the skyline does indeed have mega power for its size, but its designed for that very reason and is very sophisticated with its electronics. if you did the exact same work to a 5.0 as what was done on the skylines 2.6, you'd get alot more out the 5.0 ;) so the saying about there being no substitute for capacity is correct overall :)

Mrcento said:
yes and no, the skyline does indeed have mega power for its size, but its designed for that very reason and is very sophisticated with its electronics. if you did the exact same work to a 5.0 as what was done on the skylines 2.6, you'd get alot more out the 5.0 ;) so the saying about there being no substitute for capacity is correct overall :)

One is a proven exmaple one you stated is not as obvious.

Ermm F1 ? Reminds me of the engine size :) ?

Ming

they are specificly developed race engines though, were talking about engines from different eras so its a complex discussion

what im saying is, if nissan had their 2.6 for a skyline and tuned it, then developed a 5.0 and tuned it in the same way, theyd get more out of it than the 2.6, hence, theres no substitute for capacity ;)

Back