Munro Challenge

Currently reading:
Munro Challenge

If you are friends with me or Martyn on facebook then you are probably already aware of this but we have set ourselves the challenge of completing 52 Munros this year.

The Munros are the highest hills in Scotland which is all the ones over 3000ft and we chose 52 for the simple fact that it averages out as 1 a week although the reality is there will be some weeks we do none and other weeks we do 4 or 5.

This isn't a sponsored event so don't worry we aren't asking for money, it's just a challenge to ourselves and something we are doing purely for enjoyment.

If you'd like to follow our climbs or simply look at some pictures of stunning landscapes then you can do so on our blog at munrochallenge.wordpress.com We've done 3 so far and the write ups are all there.

Cheers folks.

Good luck with this. Have to admit reading your blog entry worried me a lot and I had to remind myself you're notorious for taking the **** but just in case you really did go up into the hills in winter without knowing exactly the route you were taking or with the correct equipment should you get lost...

Plan better next time or stick with the ****ing scouts. At least they're prepared :laugh:

Harper said:
Good luck with this. Have to admit reading your blog entry worried me a lot and I had to remind myself you're notorious for taking the **** but just in case you really did go up into the hills in winter without knowing exactly the route you were taking or with the correct equipment should you get lost...

Plan better next time or stick with the ****ing scouts. At least they're prepared :laugh:

Corrie Fee was the only bit where we weren't quite 100% on route. Mainly though due to the huge pile of snow that had been dumped down.

We've got spikey things for our next walk now!

Martyn said:
Corrie Fee was the only bit where we weren't quite 100% on route. Mainly though due to the huge pile of snow that had been dumped down.

We've got spikey things for our next walk now!

To be fair at the time I was pretty certain we were 100% on route, it's just after the event I'm not so sure! We'll need to double check sometime to see. End of the day we made it though ehh?! haha

Don't think we are going out this weekend given the crap weather today and the expected on going snowy weather the rest of the week. We'll figure out something else I'm sure.

Back