General Multipla keys

Currently reading:
General Multipla keys

Bought a Multipla abt 3 weeks ago but only got the one key for it. Fiat dealer wants abt £200 to order and program. Anyone know where I could get a blank key and if it can cloned.

Thanks

F(iat)ugly owner:)

Correct its an 02 reg. I know its a 2 key system not the red master previously used by Fiat, but the dealer tells me they can only be purchased from Fiat and pre cut.

Sounds silly but Timpsons copied one of my alfa romeo keys for £25 ;)

Just got another key from a dealer was £100 in total (key and programmig). £200 sounds very steep to me!

Thanks for you comments, sounds like I am being ripped off. Maybe I should go see a dealer in a Norfolk back water instead of the london area.

I've just been quoted £ 114.42 to repalce a key that's stopped zapping and £ 74.03 for the coding by Bristol main dealer, who said that the keys cannot be repaired. But another garage said that sometimes there's a solder join that breaks under the key button and can be repaired. Any experiences with this? And any suggestions as to where I can get one of these magic £ 100 key and coding deals :)

BTW, if you get a new key and still have your second key, they need both when they code the alarm, otherwise the old one won't work anymore.

Baloopa

Re: Multipla alarm

Hi, can anyone help with a problem i have with the alarm on my 03 multipla, it has started to arm its self when i leave the car to fill up with fuel. any idea what the problem is and any cure

gilbern1:confused:

You need to look into re programming the alarm as this is prob a setting that can be disarmed.

Yep, I've resoldered the key myself. Pop it apart CAREFULLY over a piece of white paper so you can see anything that drops out. There is a sort of tiny black block with some pins on and it is these pins that just need a dab of solder on to reconnect to the PCB (printed circuit board.) I'm sure that's what I did and the key is still the main key that I use.

Word of warning. Another forum has suggested that this must be done away from the car because otherwise the key may become deprogrammed from the ecu if it is recognised. Not sure how true this is but I did it out of range of the car and it works fine.

If I'm wrong folks about any of this then PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE correct me. I won't be offended!

Wasn't sure about my reply ref. the soldering of the key, so just popped my key apart to have a look. (3 cans of guinness give you a surprising confidence in these matters........)

There is a small silver block attached to the pcb. It has a tiny plunger switch in the top of it that is operated by the button on the key. What happens is that the block simply becomes detached from the pcb. You can probably feel a lack of resistance when you press the button to open the car.

This block is attached through the pcb by four pins and it just requires a tiny blob of solder on these pins to reattach it to the pcb. It really is that easy. And very obvious when you pop the key apart.

Got to be worth having a go before spending £100 or so.

Hope this helps!

I've just been quoted £ 114.42 to repalce a key that's stopped zapping and £ 74.03 for the coding by Bristol main dealer, who said that the keys cannot be repaired. But another garage said that sometimes there's a solder join that breaks under the key button and can be repaired. Any experiences with this? And any suggestions as to where I can get one of these magic £ 100 key and coding deals :)

BTW, if you get a new key and still have your second key, they need both when they code the alarm, otherwise the old one won't work anymore.

Baloopa

The part in the key which comes adrift is the microswitch which the 'arming' button presses on.

If you carefully take the blue part of the key apart (preferably over a sheet of paper to catch anything falling out), you may find the microswitch loose inside.

It's obvious where it fits, and only needs a fine point soldering iron to fix it back in position.

This has happened to both my present Multi keys - one of which has hardly ever been used!

Sorry Pandabloke - I hadn't gone to page 2 and read your message before sticking in my superfluous bit of info.

It wasn't Guinness in my case, John Smith has a lot to answer for! :bang:

Back