General Multipla JTD vs JTDM

Currently reading:
General Multipla JTD vs JTDM

michaelelsewhere

I would like to choose between 2 generations of Multipla (2001 and 2008) diesel.

It seems to me, that the only difference is the front look and engines (2001 has JTD and 2008 has JTDM).
Also, the second generation is 7 years newer, so maybe I will need to visit a service center less often.
But from the other side, I like the look of the first generation....

Do I miss something ?

How those engines are compared in terms of reliability and cost of service / parts ?

Hi. For me, I love the ugly bug looks of the early Multipla's as well as them not having a dpf, but they do seem to be getting harder to find in good condition.
Saying that, if I was offered a nice 2010 multijet in blue I'd seriously consider it.

We drive our 2010 and still have 2004 getting ready to come back on road. I think older engine is more reliable as it doesn't have dpf and complications but it has been OK.
2004 has sunroofs and we prefer shape. 2010 has spoiler at back and looks pretty good in black though.

We drive our 2010 and still have 2004 getting ready to come back on road. I think older engine is more reliable as it doesn't have dpf and complications but it has been OK.
2004 has sunroofs and we prefer shape. 2010 has spoiler at back and looks pretty good in black though.

Thank you for response!
Regarding that the old engine is more reliable, is it something commonly known (or obvious) or it's your personal experience and someone else may heave the opposite experience?

Thank you for response!
Regarding that the old engine is more reliable, is it something commonly known (or obvious) or it's your personal experience and someone else may heave the opposite experience?
Feeling/Just more to go wrong with dpf and regen system.
We have not had any engine issues with 120 multijet going from 50 to 80k miles over 4 years.

Back