Technical multipla diesel 115 heater problems

Currently reading:
Technical multipla diesel 115 heater problems

plmotors32

hi i have just bought a 04 plate turbo diesel multipla the problem is the heaters dont work or climate control. when i press buttons nothing lights up and no speed from fan on 1 2 3 4 upon closer inspection i saw the under passenger footwell what looks like where the fan might be 2 wires coming out and these have been connected to a relay and then back to a different switch one you can buy on the dash board. when you switch this switch on the heaters came on at a very fast speed but then went off.

1st. could the relay now be not working hence why the heaters wont work on this new switch.

2. what woukd be the reason to by pass the main heater control on the dash to this switch

i want to get it back to normal. i also noticed by this black box under footwell just below radio a black box of some sort with a harness cable this has been removed what is it for?

any help on testing this and getting it back to its normal working condition

cheers ian

There is a heater control resistor buried under there somewhere that is notorious for overheating and giving up. It sounds as though someone before has tried to bypass this with limited success. When you say it comes on with the under-dash switch and then went off, does it blow a fuse?

This one has already sold, but they do come up on ebay frequently:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fiat-Mult...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3f11861403

Not sure of the cost of a new one.

Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
hi all the controls on dash dont do anything, when i looked underneath i saw round black box which i think is where the fan is, and then a load of wires that have have been attached to a relay. there was also a harness which when i looked should of been plugged into a black unit of some sort just below radio i am not sure if this has anything to do with the heaters or not.

No when you switch the switch on i can hear the relay that they used to bypass heaters clicking but the fan dont come on.

also the outside temp dont display on the computer at all. i assume this is because the climate control is not working. there seems to be no power or nothing to any of the heater controls on dash.

Back