Technical Multipla anti roll bar bush repacement parts

Currently reading:
Technical Multipla anti roll bar bush repacement parts

tarathedog

I am after some help and advice

After loads of messing about I have traced the knock under the family Multipla JTD called Ruby (wife named her) to the anti roll bar rubber bushes.

I took the anti roll bar off today and separated the bush carriers, and made a temp repair with some strips of rubber. Ruby is now quiet again but for how long!!

I have also read various forums and It would appear replacement bushes ar hard to come by, and why should I thow away a perfectly useable anti roll bar cause Fiat only sell a bar and bushes as a complete unit.

So, getting to the point, the Marea shares many parts with the multipla, does any one know if the anti roll bar bushes are inter changeable???

I have someone who will supply Marea bushes but they dont know of the parts are the same as the multipla. So is there any wise one out there who knows?

Thanks for looking

Last edited:
I was told that marea bushes do fit, however i havent got round to fitting any yet, if i do in the next week i will let you know

Im sure there is a post in this very forum about fitting Marea bushes, IIRC someone fitted them but when someone else tried to source marea items they were unable to find them as an individual item. Its ages ago i read this though!

One thought, if Marea bushes do indeed fit, I wonder if powerflex or some other company that uses polyeurethane instead of nitrile rubber would stock a marea bush, as these poly bushes would be much more reliable?

https://www.fiatforum.com/multipla/124083-anti-roll-bar-bush.html

Thats a link to another thread on the subject mentioning marea bushes and problems with availability!

Sorry, another edit, read this.
http://www.italiaauto.net/viewtopic.php?t=8378&view=previous

Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
hi. changed mine several months ago.
quite easy with fiat marea ones.
you need to undo all bolts, slide anti roll bar to one side then snap welds on the old antiroll bar bushes with a hammer and chisel. dont snap of the hole thing as they are needed to hold the new bushes tight in place.
slide out old bushe then slide in new one. do same with otherside then bolt it all up. done sweet. dont try to pull anti roll bar out ,it wont come out. do the work in situe , its easy.

cheap fiat marea ..yeah they will do. DO NOT PAY EBAY PRICES.. get cheap marea ones from local car spares like unipart.... much cheaper and exactly the same as multipla originals. should cost between £10 and £15 no more. ok

Last edited:
I am not calling you into question Sean, but can anyone else confirm whether or not the marea bushs fit ? I have a severe knocking over bumps and replaced the drop links as they were cheap,but they made no difference. I suspect now that the ARB bushes may be the culprit. Firstly how can i check if its the ARB bushes ? And secondly are there any other suspects ?

Sorry question you Sean but I'm out of work and need to sort this with minimum outlay :(

hi. mate. no worrys.
if the noise is when you go overa road hump or over a pothole and its a clonk noise its the arb bushes. jack up hole front of car and hold the link bar if you can wiggle it up and down a little the arb bushes are gone. there should be no play. its very comon on multiplas as its the same set up as the marea, fiat used the same parts just a wider body. ok :)
the only other thing that makes noise is the wishbones but there fairly long lasting and tyre ware would be bad if it was them. ...

Last edited:
New here, I picked the phone up and called Powerflex, suggested they make a new batch of bushings and they were very keen to listen, of course I asked for a set as my fee!!

King Prawn Ring

Multipla 115JTD (gonna customize it, two tone)

Firstly how can i check if its the ARB bushes ? And secondly are there any other suspects ?

Sorry question you Sean but I'm out of work and need to sort this with minimum outlay :(

You can eliminate the antiroll bar, antiroll bar bushes, and drop links by taking off the drop links both sides, cable tie the antiroll bar out of the way and going for a test drive over some bumps. If the noise has gone away- it's the links or the ARB bushes or mountings. If it still knocks it's the wishbone mounting nuts not tight or the wishbone ball joint.

DO NOT USE THE CAR WITHOUT THE ARB ! TEST DRIVE CAUTIOUSLY ONLY !

hth
Neil

Like many of you I have the knocking noise and plan to replace the anti-roll bar bushes. Having spoke to my local car spares place, carsparesltd.com. I found that they sell 2 different size rubbers from a Fiat Marea 18inch & 19inch. Anyone know what year Marea or what size rubbers I will need?
Just to let you know the above site sell the Marea rubbers for £15 but cause they were not in stock he didn't know if that price was for one or a pair.

Cheers

I can only assume you mean 18mm and 19mm thickness of the roll bar?

Yes your right I did mean 18mm & 19mm.
Anyone any ideas. If I did buy them and they were the wrong ones I can get a refund but Id rather get it right first time.

dont buy them of ebay. there ripping you off at 3 times the retail price. the arb on the multipla is 18MM.

Back