Technical Multijet starter motor

Currently reading:
Technical Multijet starter motor

I was wondering if anyone has changed the starter on a panda multijet and how fiddly it is.

Normally would just pop into my mechanic but he’s on holiday and waiting 2 weeks isn’t an option, would find another mechanic but still looking at over a week .

I can buy the part easy enough and have got plenty of tools, I am handy enough just can’t see any guides on it and wondering if it’s doable with a trolley jack and axel stands or would a ramp be needed.

Cheers

I've done a few, always used a ramp, and it was still a right pain (although I have restricted range of motion in one arm which doesn't help).

From memory...
One bolt from engine side, the other through hole in bell housing.
Make careful note of how the main and thin cables connects... unless you know how it works it won't make sense when you come to put it back together.
Check the length of the threaded main terminal before you start to fit the replacement. I've had 3 reconditioned ones where the threaded part was a couple of millimetres too short. Doesn't connect the same as the Vauxhall version, which doesn't need as much thread, but some recon motors end up mis-labeled. EoroCarParts especially bad at this!

Good luck.

I've got caught with the short terminal issue. I had to get it back on the road so made a copper link with two holes. One end bolted to the motor terminal and the other took everything else. Wrapped with self amalgamating tape it all worked perfectly.

Back