General Multijet Road tax problem ??

Currently reading:
General Multijet Road tax problem ??

djewson

Hi all, my other half has just bought a Grande 1.3 MultiJet (75)
When we picked it up we taxed it and was charged more than we thought it should be, we were under the assumption that it should have been £50 for the Year but we were charged the next bracket up.
When I checked the CO2 rating on the V5 it says 123g/km
I thought the 75 Bhp was 119 taking it just below the 120 bracket for cheaper Tax.
Ok the car was a pre-reg, it is an 06 plate registered march/april last year so it is an early one.
does anyone know if the emmissions have changed since, as the latest brochure clearly states 119g/km for the 75 and 122 for the 90.

My other half rang the DVLA yesterday to query this but was told that it is what it is, if the V5 says that it is 123g/km then that is the information that Fiat provided to them and unless we can get a Letter from FIAT (the company, not a dealership) to say that it is wrong there is nothing they can do about it.
She has sent an Email to Fiat requesting this information, but being a previous Fiat owner i know i'm not holding my breath for her...!

Does any one else out there have an early 06 75bhp Multijet that can confirm the Tax situation.
many thanks.....Dean

Hi there,

I just checked on the Fiat.co.uk website and it says there that it is 123g/km for the 1.3 MultiJet (75).

Have a look here.

Maybe it was a mis-print in the brochure? :confused:

[EDIT]
Now this is weird... just checked on the German Fiat website (Fiat.de) and there the CO2 emission is different for nearly all models. Maybe in the UK they use slightly different engine mapping?

Have a look here.
[/EDIT]

Cheers
Thomas

Last edited:
Hello
I was on the dvla websit last night,and for a GP 1.3 75 bhp, the road tax per year is £50
regards

Hello
I was on the dvla websit last night,and for a GP 1.3 75 bhp, the road tax per year is £50
regards

Thanks guys....
I have checked all sorts of info on this.
I subscribe to autoexpress and this states £50 per year, as does almost every other website i looked at.
I just wondered if anyone else that has a (75) could confirm what they are paying.

Dean

Hi all, my other half has just bought a Grande 1.3 MultiJet (75)
When we picked it up we taxed it and was charged more than we thought it should be, we were under the assumption that it should have been £50 for the Year but we were charged the next bracket up.
When I checked the CO2 rating on the V5 it says 123g/km
I thought the 75 Bhp was 119 taking it just below the 120 bracket for cheaper Tax.
Ok the car was a pre-reg, it is an 06 plate registered march/april last year so it is an early one.
does anyone know if the emmissions have changed since, as the latest brochure clearly states 119g/km for the 75 and 122 for the 90.

My other half rang the DVLA yesterday to query this but was told that it is what it is, if the V5 says that it is 123g/km then that is the information that Fiat provided to them and unless we can get a Letter from FIAT (the company, not a dealership) to say that it is wrong there is nothing they can do about it.
She has sent an Email to Fiat requesting this information, but being a previous Fiat owner i know i'm not holding my breath for her...!

Does any one else out there have an early 06 75bhp Multijet that can confirm the Tax situation.
many thanks.....Dean

Its a pity that Fiat couldnt have tweaked the emissions from my 90 multijet to get under the 120, particularly as renault got to 115 with a much older clio.:bang:

Update on the Emmissions....!

Spoken to Fiat and apparently the first batch of 75Bhp Multijets were 123 not 119...
So its now back to good old motor point. see what they have to say about it.
being as the invoice clearly states 119...

Dean

The thing that irritates me is Mrs R's Megane only costs £50 a year, but chucks out a massive amount of soot, whereas I have to pay more and have never seen any black clouds following the Punto (1.3 90), due to the particulate filter I presume......

Just shows the inadequacies of the current system if you ask me(n)

Back