MultiJet Massif!

Currently reading:
MultiJet Massif!

Hello,

Does anyone have a (new) panda or punto with the 1.3MultiJet 16v lump?

what are these like over time?
what kind of stuff breaks?
are they reliable?
How much does fiat servicing cost?
MPG? they are quoted 60mpg but in reality how close are they to this?

any other random stuff about this engine that might interest?!

Ta!

Rob

got the punto mk2.5 in october 03 and clocked 38000miles trouble free miles from day uno. that includes the WHOLE car.
servicing is undertaken myself and costs for parts are about £35.
have to find about timing belt change so will ask dealer.
if you thrash it you get 45-50 in town. went to london doing 80-95 and got 57mpg. once driving like old grandad got 65mpg!!!in town btw.
make sure you DON'T ever use tesco fuel. it was sh*t. always use branded ones, bp usually for me

hope this helps(y)

the new multijet engines are absolute peach's!!! I drove an alfa 156/7 with a 1.9JTD multijet 115bhp, which doesn't sound much on paper but it was still brisk, and returned a good 48-53mpg on usual driving (not trying to get any economy out of it!!)

If you want a bit more performance the new 1.3MJTD is about 90bhp and the 1.9's are 120&130bhp. I think the pearce de resistance is hte 2.4MJTD in teh chroma and new alfa 159, its 200 odd bhp!!!! only available in auto though :yuck:

lalli said:
got the punto mk2.5 in october 03 and clocked 38000miles trouble free miles from day uno. that includes the WHOLE car.
servicing is undertaken myself and costs for parts are about £35.
have to find about timing belt change so will ask dealer.
if you thrash it you get 45-50 in town. went to london doing 80-95 and got 57mpg. once driving like old grandad got 65mpg!!!in town btw.
make sure you DON'T ever use tesco fuel. it was sh*t. always use branded ones, bp usually for me

hope this helps(y)

this sounds more like it! :D ill mostly be doing motorway stints so 57mpg sounds very nice (y) as far as servicing goes.. my manual says theres a servicing interval light that comes on... if you do the servicing your self what do you do about the light?

@faster4_tec the 1.3MultiJet is 70hp but can be 90 remapped... its the torque thats more impressive than the hp. Its a more efficient engine than the old 1.9d as i understand... the advantage being its group 3 and the 1.9 is group 9. so its like a cento to insure.. and the remap is 'invisible' to insure ;)

So far I've done about 2200 miles in mine (in a month). Nothing has gone wrong, broken, or fallen off so far. Turboned indicates that Fiat dealers charge around £130 for a service.
Economy is better in the Panda if you go slower. If you drive everywhere at 40-50 mpg it should be great. I do a lot of 70 mph and town driving, and I get 58 mpg. My last tankful, which was more A-roads got 61 mpg.
In the Panda, the engine is detuned to 70 bhp.
H

Alfie said:
my manual says theres a servicing interval light that comes on... if you do the servicing your self what do you do about the light?

on the mk2.5 punto, there is no service indicator. i do every 10-12000 miles sooner is better.

Palio's in Turkey are produced with 1.3 Multijet. I haven't owned one but i know they are very reliable and so economical machines. I haven't heard any problems so far.

Back