multijet egr

Currently reading:
multijet egr

john the sparky

hello,

I have a 1.3 doblo multijet, and fuel economy is poor, sometimes it has no torque... particularly when cold

and recently it has sort of shut down and won't rev past 2000 rpm for a couple of minutes... then the usual sluggish until 2750... and turbo kicks in...

it's a 2005, and now has 75000 miles on it, so I am going to strip and clean the egr, there is a guide for the 1.9 egr, on here... but is it similar on the 1.3? and anything I need to know for the 1.3 before I start?

thanks for your help

John

it's a nightmare to get at/clean, seriously!

Personally i'd rule out every other possibility before cleaning the EGR...infact I wouldn't even clean it but simply replace it.

*my comments are made in reference to panda 1.3MJ, there might be abit more room on the doblo.

Last edited:
thanks

where is the best place to get an egr then? and what sort of cost?

thank, sorry... more questions

John

i have a panda 1.3 mutijet with a egr problem took off today all day !! i cleaned it out with oven cleaner make sure you split the valve the solinoid and the cooler chamber gaskets i got fron fiat for 5.00 i waited to an hour the cleaned with a toothbrush free the spring by pressing it down to make sure it moves up and down also to get it really clean after washing the oven cleaner off with water i used a steamer to really clean it up putting back together tomorrow hope this helps

Back