500 MultiECUscan reset after UniAir change

Currently reading:
500 MultiECUscan reset after UniAir change

Hi
I am going to change out the Uniair unit in my 500 twin air 105 and can see there is advice in MultiECUscan as per below image .
OK so I can do the reset as in the image but it also recommends doing "Uniair actuator dispersion correction" . Anyone know what this is and can it be done from MultiECUscan too ( maybe it has a different title ? ) thanks in advance
Screenshot (93).png

Hi
I am going to change out the Uniair unit in my 500 twin air 105 and can see there is advice in MultiECUscan as per below image .
OK so I can do the reset as in the image but it also recommends doing "Uniair actuator dispersion correction" . Anyone know what this is and can it be done from MultiECUscan too ( maybe it has a different title ? ) thanks in advance
View attachment 445266

@puntodeltathema

May have the broadest experience of the Regulars on here.. 🤔

Thanks for the tag. That procedure only seems to feature on the Euro 5 cars - and I think not all of those cars have the facility either. I remember trying it on a 2011 Euro 5 and found the correction wasn't enabled in the ECU. So I wonder if it was an early thing that they later decided wasn't needed.

(All the 105s were Euro 6 I believe...)

By the way, I'm sure a writeup of the replacement would be welcome, as I suspect there will be a growing need for this in the coming years!

Last edited:
Thanks for the tag. That procedure only seems to feature on the Euro 5 cars - and I think not all of those cars have the facility either. I remember trying it on a 2011 Euro 5 and found the correction wasn't enabled in the ECU. So I wonder if it was an early thing that they later decided wasn't needed.

By the way, I'm sure a writeup of the replacement would be welcome, as I suspect there will be a growing need for this in the coming years!
Or tomorrow! 🤔 :rolleyes:

Not sure what you mean about "writeup of replacement". Are you referring to the replacement of the Uniair unit? As for MES I was referring to the only 0.9 Uni Air 500 listing where the 'UniAir actuator dispersion correction' is listed in MES. Are you using/choosing a different vehicle?

Thanks for the dialogue back on this Guys , very quick and helpful
I have now looked in the other version of the engine available for the 500 0.9 Turbo Twin Air ( IAW 8GSF CF5 ) in simulation mode in MultiECUscan and can see it . So hopefully not required for my engine ( IAW 8GSW CF6 ) .

I was thinking of taking a few pictures and notes when I change the UniAir out and creating a guide for the forum . I have been going through the Fiat E-learn-WEB FCA at https://lab-aftersales.fiat.com/elearn/ for information on the UniAir . Once I had got a handle on finding my way around the website and entered my VIN I was very pleasantly surprised just how much info there was available for "Joe public" , both on fault finding and the procedures for changing it . I also found the full electrical diagrams for the car and detailed descriptions on the engine. The only limitation is MultiECUscan is probably not 100% equivalent to the FIAT diagnostic computer and they also mention other special FIAT test tools and test plug connectors that wont be available . If you haven't looked at E-learn before it is well worth it.

I have looked at the Fiat e-learn WEB manual again about removing the rocker cover and was gutted to see it says remove the inlet manifold/air box and to do this the AC compressor needs to come off too after removing AC gas. This needs the right front wheel and arch liner off for access . Any experience/advice with this access to the UNIAIR would be much appreciated . Changing the Uniair itself looks OK it is just all the removals to get to it !!! :cry:
Thanks

I have looked at the Fiat e-learn WEB manual again about removing the rocker cover and was gutted to see it says remove the inlet manifold/air box and to do this the AC compressor needs to come off too after removing AC gas. This needs the right front wheel and arch liner off for access . Any experience/advice with this access to the UNIAIR would be much appreciated . Changing the Uniair itself looks OK it is just all the removals to get to it !!! :cry:
Thanks
thats cause the factory robots get an engine/chassis and then bolt the rest of the car around it! good for profit :unsure:- not so good for maintenance afterwards:eek::rolleyes:
What? they should have designed it so it can be worked on by the owner! :unsure: now your just being stupid:oops: it was designed( but not built by them!) by ITALIANS you know! -(form over function an all that!) you wanna da practical! bya da van!.

Back