General Mudflaps

Currently reading:
General Mudflaps

I just wasn't convinced they would improve the looks but if fitting to protect bodywork then it's a good move (y)

Have you noticed how much damage the 5 door takes at the very rear of the sill as it curves out from the body. Mine is quite pitted if you look close.

A full set of OEM Fiat Mudflaps is the first accessories I put on the 1.6 & JTD, only £40 odd from Fiat so why look any further? ;)

Can't comment on sill pitting of course... :D

JTD has front window deflectors, a worthwhile accessory for dry & draft free ventilation, bought 'em 'cause 1.6's aircon worked next to never! JTD Aircon seems more reliable...

Last edited:
Ive spent most of today giving the Stilo a really good clean and polish. I dont think its ever been polished before the state the paint was in.

There was so much stuck on tar on the leading edge of the front wing and the bottoms of the doors it took me ages to get that off. So im looking forward to getting the mudflaps tomorrow to stop the tar build up again!

Looks much better for its polish, its a nice bright red again.

Hopefully the mudflaps will be at the dealers tomorrow when i go for them.

I ideally want rubber mats as its more a functional car than for show so it will keep the carpets in better nick. But ill see what Fiat offer.

Got them and they are fitted!

Have to say the rears were far worse to fit than the fronts were.

It does look much much better with them on, ive taken a few pics so ill upload them later for anyone who is interested :)

Here are a few pics:

DSC02910-1.jpg

DSC02926.jpg

DSC02918.jpg

DSC02909.jpg

Ive put up a readers rides thread in the members motors section if you want to see a few more pics :cool:

They go very well with the red :)

The pics certainly show that the mudflaps make quite an improvement to the rear of the 5 door and I still prefer the phase 1 rear (large fog lights).

Mine looks exactly the same other than the colour (y)

Yeah i think so too, red and black go well together.

Im suprised how much a difference its made to the look of the car, looks much better now with them fitted. Shame the exhaust is so visable though :(

BTW, my members motors thread has gone until i get my photos uploaded onto here!

Yeah im with you on the lights, although i do like the centre FIAT bagde on the phase2s bootlid. I took my 16v badge off the boot as i thought it looked a bit cluttered.

Hi mate, can you give me any info on what was involved in fitting your rears? Im thinking about ordering a set for my jtd but am a bit new to fitting stuff myself.. thanks!

Last edited:
Worst part is having to make a small pilot hole on each side to take a self taper.

It's only into plastic but you need to take care to get position correct.

Other than that it's just two clamps.

Rears are fairly easy.

As said there are two clams and a small screw which goes in under the bumper, so you need to drill a small hole fot that.

Be careful with the clamps, when you tighten them up it puts a small bubble shape in the outside of the bumper, so if you keep on moving the clamps to get them fitted right you will end up with lots of little bubbles on the bumper.

The mudflaps hide these though, just a warning.

Also i didnt think the screw was enough to hold on the mudflaps at the bottom, so since i got 4 clamps for each front mudflaps and only needing two i used the two spare on each side to fit the rears better.

Only clamp i fitted to the top of the mudflaps to close up the gap between the bumper and the mudflap and the other at the bottom near the screw to give it a bit more support.

THe fronts were easy, i had to drill a small hole again but the front clamps are a much better idea than the rears.

Good luck :)

Was a set of rears on ebay this morning.

and just sold to the man over here for a bargain £20.

Not sure if i even want them tbh, but ill give them a try :)

Andy

EDIT: It was front and back i got :)

Last edited:
Back