MSN Messenger in Start Up

Currently reading:
MSN Messenger in Start Up

psychofox

Legend
Hi guys,

I'm hoping someone can answer this for me.
I dont want my pc to load up with msn messenger (to speed up loading times). I go to msconfig and take it out of the start up items, reboot as normal. It's not there. The next time i run the application it dumps itself back into my start up items :bang:
Is there a way to get around this? I want to continue using msn messenger, but not have it load up all the time.

Start, Run, type "msconfig" hit enter, go to the startup tab and deselect "msnmsgr". (y)

Don't forget to hit apply. :)

Edit:

Just read your post. That's the only way I do it. Are you sure it isn't Windows messenger starting up???

Start, Run, type "msconfig" hit enter, go to the startup tab and deselect "msnmsgr". (y)

Don't forget to hit apply. :)

Edit:

Just read your post. That's the only way I do it. Are you sure it isn't Windows messenger starting up???

no, it's msn messenger

Found it. :)

Go to options from the drop down when you click your name and go to "general"
and untick the box I have highlighted.

Should work. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    52.2 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Another option is to use a really nifty piece of software called statup cuontol panel (found here; http://www.mlin.net/StartupCPL.shtml ) gives you control over all the things your computer runs at startup - youll be surprised at some of the stuff thats going on.

ok , turned on pc today and it worked no more msn mesenger in the back ground :)
Now how do i do the same for quicktime....

Back