[MP3] downsampling but want to keep dir structure and tag info

Currently reading:
[MP3] downsampling but want to keep dir structure and tag info

I want to downsample my MP3 collection (30Gb) from varying bitrates to 112kbps so that i can put them on my phone as it looks like im not getting a memory card for xmas. ive got around 4000 tracks over 300 folders and really dont feel like inputting all the directory structure then re-tagging them all.

im currently using 'Razor Lame' (yes its old but it works well), although i can get it to handle everything ive ever wanted it to do, i dont know a way that i can convert whilst keeping the directory structure and ID3 tags. i have heard you can create batch files that handle this but i wouldnt know where to start. any advice/better ideas would be awesome, if anyone knows a program that can handle this level of editing does it support LAME?

awesome piece of kit!!! got my desktop doing its bit using both its cores at 100% im a little sad to see my 8Gb of ram going to waste though (1982mb used of 8119mb) :( damn windows 64bit and its 4Gb cap!!!!! knew i shudda gone to linux

Windows 64 doesn't have a 4gb cap? You're thinking of ANY 32bit operating system :p

If you need to do this again, after your trial has expired. Use LAME, with the RazorLame front end.

:eek: i was indeed thinking of win32 silly me ... ive got RL but it doesnt transfer tag info, i would mention it to the author but its not been updated for half a decade, and the forum has expired :bang: i swear by RL its an awsome program and its done everything ive ever wanted to do since i found it many moons ago but as said it doesnt transfer tag info or dir structures (if it does i couldnt figure out how to make it do it) ive had to have my tagger back in action today due to a 'bug' in Nokia Annas Music Player (that apparently has been fixed in Belle) but its vaguely organised now and may need a little tweeking next week lol

Back