General mourning(ish) all... need some advice.. :)

Currently reading:
General mourning(ish) all... need some advice.. :)

sami_freestyler

heyooo people, how are u all this mid/late mourning?
i was wondering if anyone can help me by telling me how i can connect an interior light to the car battery as i dont want it attached to the ciggy holder as i dont want wires running everywhere. the light is the passenger and drive footstall place :) and i want to connect them to the car battery. i have no clue... can some one help
:idea::confused:

thanks.

heyooo people, how are u all this mid/late mourning?
i was wondering if anyone can help me by telling me how i can connect an interior light to the car battery as i dont want it attached to the ciggy holder as i dont want wires running everywhere. the light is the passenger and drive footstall place :) and i want to connect them to the car battery. i have no clue... can some one help
:idea::confused:

thanks.

Just run positive & negative wires direct from the battery to the light & connect whatever type of switch you fancy (Rocker, Push-Button etc) on the Positive cable, with a 5amp fuse on that cable between the positive battery connection & the switch!:worship:

"Or you can jump the wires connecting your cigarette lighter. Might be easier than running cables through the bulkhead into the engine bay"

thts a good idea!... how do u do that?..
sorry for the late repoly, was playing hte beer dude game :)

Don't know aint got a Grande any more. But you need to get the wires from your light(s) into centre console where the cigarettle lighter is. You need to figure out how to loosen the trim up. Its usually screwed in you just need to find the screw(s) undo them, do your wiring and cut a hole for your switch and screw it all back together. Without being there with you I can't really give you anymore detail :p.

yeh.. its hard to guide without being here.. but thanks anyway, im going to go have a gander and see how i can remove the trim..

"Don't know aint got a Grande any more" - ChrisUK

:eek:
haha

Sorry to hear the bad news Chris, good of you to still help out on the GP board.
Re running an accesory loom, the chassis is grounded so for the -ve you only need to pick up a fastener thats good electrically ( so galvanised bolts are fine) just loosen it a bit do not take it out to avoid 1/2 the car dropping off put some wire under it and nip it back up. All you need to do then is find a 12v thats there without the ign on. I agree that avoiding running a wire through the firewall is a good idea, its almost impossible on my Marea so running 2 direct to the battery would be hard work. Fitting an in line fuse is a very good idea, you can buy plastic holders at car accesory shops. I have in the past cut a wire, put a terminal block in line and T eed off from there, clearly you dont do this to the ABS or ECU supplie wires!

If it was my car I would leave well alone,as it might compromise your warranty. If you make a mess of it and it catches fire,then chances are your insurance would be invalid.What`s so wrong with the standard car anyway?

its fairly easy to get a wire through the bulk head....

it is on the left hand side under the scuttle panel...

https://www.fiatforum.com/grande-punto-guides/88626-fitting-front-fog-lights-gars2.html

and on the inside

https://www.fiatforum.com/grande-punto-guides/88626-fitting-front-fog-lights-gars3.html

Cheers Andy just saved me looking for that(y)

If it was my car I would leave well alone,as it might compromise your warranty. If you make a mess of it and it catches fire,then chances are your insurance would be invalid.What`s so wrong with the standard car anyway?

Unless your really dumb nothing to worry about,folk do fit accesories.Just stay away from body computer wiring/airbag & CAN wiring & you'll be fine.Always use a fuse unless you know the power supply your are splicing into is already fused like cig lighter.

Back