Technical Mounting fuel (petrol) tank

Currently reading:
Technical Mounting fuel (petrol) tank

I had to remove the fuel tank from my 500F to get behind it, and I didn't pay as much attention as I should have to how it was mounted. The piece of metal in the attached pic was beneath it, but now that I'm trying to put it back, I can't figure out where it goes or what its purpose is. So far, I haven't been able to find a position for it under the tank that allows me to re-attach the metal retraining straps over the tank. I also can't see any function for the cut outs.

Can someone advise me? Thanks.

IMG_7719.jpg

I had to remove the fuel tank from my 500F to get behind it, and I didn't pay as much attention as I should have to how it was mounted. The piece of metal in the attached pic was beneath it, but now that I'm trying to put it back, I can't figure out where it goes or what its purpose is. So far, I haven't been able to find a position for it under the tank that allows me to re-attach the metal retraining straps over the tank. I also can't see any function for the cut outs.

Can someone advise me? Thanks.

View attachment 407508
The plate goes UNDER/BEHIND the tank with the seam of the tank going in between the little staggard lugs. It is quite baffling and awkward the first time you try and fit it back on--I know, because it got me scratching my head more than somewhat!

The plate goes UNDER/BEHIND the tank with the seam of the tank going in between the little staggard lugs. It is quite baffling and awkward the first time you try and fit it back on--I know, because it got me scratching my head more than somewhat!
Thanks. That did it. I think if I'd thought about the lugs (In the states we'd call them tabs) long enough, I would have figured it out.

Back