MOT time!!!

Currently reading:
MOT time!!!

A

Ant Wells

Ok so I've booked my car in for it's MOT on Thursday morning. I know it won't pass because the brakes are shot and need most of the lines replacing (circa £180!) and the N/S/R shock has gone too. But with the MOT due date so soon the mechanic suggested booking it in and seeing what else needs doing and then evaluating wether it's worth repairing.

It's a shame really because I've not had it long, on the plus side it gives me a chance to look for a new car! Possibly the yellow one on eBay :)

sig.jpg

a cheap little car,aint so cheap by sounds of it matey :s
Depends what it fails on and how much it might just be worth spending to get fixed.You know itll be rite then for years to come?

Well that's what I was thinking...better the devil you know. Like you said, at least then I'll know it's sorted. It would have still been cheap if you look at the long term, £450 for the car, £100 exhaust and possibly £200 for MOT repairs is £750 for a car isn't too bad considering the low mileage too. Oh well, I'll update on Thursday morning when I get the results haha.

sig.jpg

Results...

Besides what I already knew (brake lines and rear shock) it failed on emissions (could it be due to running on mineral oil rather than synthetic?) and anti-roll bush.

Not too bad overall, going to get the brake lines done by a friend, saves some money.

Hopefully back on the road for a year soon, will update after the re-test.

sig.jpg

Still on the road :p I need the car.

I'll get some of that cataclean stuff, the mechanic mentioned something to clean the cat out, guess it was this. you're handy with your eBay links Axle :)

sig.jpg

well the links are to show the stuf i mean. you can get em all from your local motor factors

Passed :) but only just!

Max CO level is 0.3, I recorded 0.3
Brake balance tolerance limit is 25%, I recorded 25%

Happy it passed, annoyed because I know I have to spend money in the near future.

sig.jpg

you fluked that mate lol
least it sorted for another 12 month :) can sort it bit by bit