MOT Question..

Currently reading:
MOT Question..

I have a question about MOT's, My mates both have Corsas :)yuck:I know), 1 has a sunstrip (a see through red one) that his window wipers touch and it failed to MOT as anything in the wiper's arc is "The field of vision" and it was obscuring it.

The other one has a factory fitted sun strip (one of these dyed blue opaque things that modern cars all have) and it touches his wiper too but his passed.

WTF?

More to the point. could he just put smaller wipers on ? or wouldn't that be allowed?

I have a question about MOT's, My mates both have Corsas :)yuck:I know), 1 has a sunstrip (a see through red one) that his window wipers touch and it failed to MOT as anything in the wiper's arc is "The field of vision" and it was obscuring it.

The other one has a factory fitted sun strip (one of these dyed blue opaque things that modern cars all have) and it touches his wiper too but his passed.

WTF?

More to the point. could he just put smaller wipers on ? or wouldn't that be allowed?

A couple of people I know have tiny wipers with sunstrips for MOT and normal ones the rest of the time. Seems a silly rule really - I can see the original point behind it but the way people work around it, it makes it daft :confused:

As for the rear wiper, mine went through an MOT with it not working (common Bravo/a issue) a few years back and as I learned then, it's fine :)

Back