Most popular Fiat...or the one with the most issues?

Currently reading:
Most popular Fiat...or the one with the most issues?

The Artificer

Looking at the forum here, the vehicle section with the most threads is the Punto one.

Why do you think that is? Is it the most popular Fiat? The easiest to work on, and thus tempting for home mechanics? Easy to restyle/modify? Or one that goes wrong more? (Hope its not the latter!)

What do you think?

I think alot of the above is easiest to work on, restyle and modify, but along with that, its a good choice of first car, cheap (Kinda :p ) to insure and does a good job at day to day driving, though i do hear often of issues of the car, i believe now that the pros out weigh the cons. :)

I like the mk 2 punto...I am 6' 6", and no stick insect, and I am quite comfortable in it...Plenty of head room, and good visibility.

We have had some problems with it though, the usual HG failure, water gurgling in the heater, brake problems....all usual stuff, nothing out of the ordinary. So far. Have done Discs, pads, shoes, drums, h/b cables, timing belt... got a persistent misfire at the moment, but thats probably because we really need a new exhaust, just cant quite afford it yet. Hey-ho!

Back