Ok.
For clarity ..

10:00 - 11:00 Whitchurch, north of Monmouth

11:30 - 13:00 Llanvihangel Gobion,east of Abergavenny

Both locations are within a minute of the A40

Have a great trip :) See you tomorrow !
varesecrazy

Whitchurch is North Wales ?

Need postcodes to be honest otherwise i won't be risking over an hours drive to a vague location, sorry.

Llanvihangel Gobion = NP7 9AY

Last edited:
varesecrazy

Need postcodes to be honest otherwise i won't be risking over an hours drive to a vague location, sorry.

Llanvihangel Gobion = NP7 9AY

Unchanged from the event header:

Old Ross Road,Whitchurch HR9 6EG (leave A40..north or south.. flyover adjacent to parking site)

B4598 Llanvihangel Gobion NP7 9AY
( leave A40 at Raglan roundabout..continue along Clytha road)

If you Still get lost..
Google 'Monmouth Memorials' it is @ 100 metres from the
Whitchurch site.. streetview works ;)

Llanvihangel Gobion is a village.. the B road runs parallel to the A40..

You just leave A40 at Raglan from Monmouth

(Or Abergavenny ..from the west)

And follow to the B4598

And the Steel Horse Cafe

Weather forecast is improving..
A wet drive there.. then Sunshine 10 til 4

Last edited:
Sorry guys I've had to pull out (n) not so long ago I fitted a new water pump and rad on my punto and on Wednesday I thought I'd try and bleed some air out of the read heater hose. Sadly I snapped the bleed screw off which then started leaking from the valve :cry: I have ordered one off the net and was hoping it would be here today as it's only a 20 minute job to swap them over but alas it never turned up so have to bow out. :(

IMG_1168.JPGIMG_1170.JPGIMG_1172.JPG

Im not sure how clean it’ll be after my commute to work later and the 100 mile drive down, but you can’t say I didn’t try ;)

I’ll whack a reply on here when me and my mate leave, if you guys could keep an eye on the thread from 10 i’d appreciate it. If we get lost ill whack another post on here.

See you all tommorow!

portland_bill Zeewulf
For those struggling to find out where it is, follow this google maps link for the exact location of the jo’s cafe car park.

https://www.google.com/maps?ie=UTF8&q=51.8626498,-2.645779800000014&z=12&hl=en

Ill attach a photo from google earth of the place. IMG_1173.JPG

Here you can also see the turning off the A40 into the cafe. There is another entrance off ‘Old Ross Road’ for people coming from other directions such as myself. Google maps will take you directly from your location to the car park if you follow the link.

(Someone please correct me if I've got this horrifically wrong somehow XD)

Last edited:
Sorry guys I've had to pull out (n) not so long ago I fitted a new water pump and rad on my punto and on Wednesday I thought I'd try and bleed some air out of the read heater hose. Sadly I snapped the bleed screw off which then started leaking from the valve :cry: I have ordered one off the net and was hoping it would be here today as it's only a 20 minute job to swap them over but alas it never turned up so have to bow out. :(

We are sorry to hear that.. :(

But if you wake.up early / starving..or craving baked beans.. :eek:

Then we would welcome you (even in a Ford..) ;)

Charlie

We are sorry to hear that.. :(

But if you wake.up early / starving..or craving baked beans.. :eek:

Then we would welcome you (even in a Ford..) ;)

Charlie

Thanks Charlie I would drive to the top of Scotland for a good fry up but it has to be in the right car. The 126 is off the road with an ignition fault and as much as I love my bravo it's too dull to drive for 2 and a half hours. I dont drive the punto much so wanted to use tomorrows meet as a shake down.

I wouldn't drive a ford to my local shop if I could get away with it :D

Did your exhaust clamp arrive ?

See the grumpy thread.

I had to go fetch. Despite them being 'closed', I insisted, and they let me in, then desperately searched for it. Not sentout on today's van as promised. Yesterday's driver had put all the padded bag items in a separate place to the parcels, so only parcels went out today. Eventually found, fitted without too much swearing. All good to go, so see you tomorrow.

I will be leaving Oxford around 08.30 going west on the A40.

Never like fighting the clock, I'll be leaving home around 8am, A417 Cirencester, then on to Birdlip, around Gloucester and pick up the A40 from there.

Could head North to Burford instead, then follow A40 to Glos, but no reason to convoy, just adds stress until we meet, then stress trying to keep sight. See you there.

Back