Modified cars and trucks could now be seized under RSA plans

Currently reading:
Modified cars and trucks could now be seized under RSA plans

Ireland might be a bit different from most of the EU in not having a lot of vehicle regulations, even in the '80s there were a hell of a lot of people in rural areas that didn't have a driving licence.

This week local politicians in Co. Kerry called for a relaxation of drink driving laws, perhaps to help stimulate the local economy.

On the opposite side of the lassez-faire Irish attitude is the Germanic-strictly- adhering-to-manufacturers'-spec attitude. I think that's why the likes of Alpina, AMG and Brabus have prospered as they are independant (sort of) but really closely allied to the manufacturers.

In this country I don't think we've got a lot to worry about as long as the parts we fit have some sort of official recognition, such as TUV or BSI approval. Having said that, it's virtually impossible to fiddle about yourself nowadays as electronics are sealed, but I suppose you could change an entire piece of kit or re-write an ECU map.

Actually, come to think of it, it's probably easier to get big performance gains now than it ever was.

Just don't go to ireland on holiday... simples :D. Their loss :p.

If I was them I'd worry more about the amount of 'washed' diesel availible for sale ;).
I'm afraid it gets here as well, both in vehicle tanks and containers. Hands up all those who can tell me who the biggest washers of red diesel are.

526596_3766776547764_1060700830_n_zps82d4b675.jpg

builders?
black cab drivers?
NO, NO.

Pikeys?
Politicians?

(actually, they have the same background)
NO NO.

I'm afraid they tend to be Republican (Feinian) terrorists. Oh and the other lot aren't far behind. That will be running alongside the prostitution, drug dealing, bank robberies and protection rackets.

Sorry if I missed a few out there, but if any members of the aforementioned groups would like to contact me and point out what I've missed I'd be eternally grateful.

Back