General Mk2b facelift Headlights replacement

Currently reading:
General Mk2b facelift Headlights replacement

mrnolegs

Hello,
I want to replace the headlights on my Punto Active 1.2 8v 5 door vehicle.
When I have looked for new headlights online to buy they show versions with motor for headlamp levelling and versions without the motor.

My question is does my Punto need headlights with the levelling motor or not ? Also does my vehicle have electric headlight levelling?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

I also have a Punto 1.2 8v 'active' model, 2003 (53 reg) which has the adjustable headlights. Assume your will have them too
Have included a couple of pics below showing the display when headlights are switched on and the red ringed area is the headlight adjustment display ('0' is normal level) and the blue oval is the buttons to alter the headlight level.
The first pic is normal, the 2nd pic shows setting '2' (pressing the '+' and '-' buttons alters the settings up/down according to what you want to set them to)
Hope this helps

Thanks for the photos. I have the + - buttons as pics show. The only thing I’m not sure about is if I buy the new headlights without the levelling motors can I use the current ones with the new headlights. Still not sure what to look for as couldn’t see a black plastic box at the rear of lamp units. It’s prob really obvious but I can’t see it! Please forgive my lack of knowledge here !!

Still not sure what to look for as couldn’t see a black plastic box at the rear of lamp units. It’s prob really obvious but I can’t see it! Please forgive my lack of knowledge here !!

not so obvious. The plastic box is hidden behind the circled cover

Attachments

• light.jpg
    light.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 39
What’s the purpose for wanting to change them? People who have bought them without have then had problems trying to fit the motors from their old lights to the new ones.

If the old lights can be repaired then it’s a better course to take

Many thanks for the replies - I see where the location is now. The reason for changing headlights is because they are both full of condensation. Is there a solution to this ?

Back