DSC001519.JPG

Punto (Mk2/2b) Mk2 Punto ELX.

Introduction

Thought I'd show you all my baby, all criticisms welcome, but please be nice if you can, its a work in progress and is also my 1st car.

Standard front, but will be fitting eyebrows when the weather clears up

De-badged/ removed bump strips

New HU & painted instrument surround

Painted center console

Lockwood door sills

So... what do you all think?
not sure tbh. need to do some maintenance but with moving in the next week or so, cash is tied up. been tempted to die or change the door cards, paint the door handles etc but money could be better spent else where. door handles im not sure of cos rattle can paint aint that touch and wont take much to chip away. even thought bout doing the exterior handles white but same reason.... not durable unless getting it done pro.

one of my cheap aero wipers decided that some rain was too much for it and the clip holding it onto the wiper arm broke and fell off so i decided it was time to spend a little more money on a new set of bosch aero twin blades. seems so much more of a stronger and smoother wipe now. well worth the £20 i payed for the pair.

also treated myself to a new set of blue dust caps for the wheels. lol.

not much of an update, but an update non the less....
changed my monkey teddy to a mr bump toy on the back bumper..... given to me free curtsey of a so called friend who thought it was hilarious to completely cover my car in toys.... and i mean cover.... 4 toys each wheel, mirrors, aerial, wiper arms, both bumpers etc. took me 20 mins to cut them off the car. lol

also swapping out my induction for the original airbox, but will be painting it up before i fit it..... once i can obtain a replacement inlet duct to go between the throttle body and airbox... cos the toyosports induction is metal, it causes the leads to arc (even with 10mm performance leads)under hard acceleration. least, thats how it feels.... but guess it could be the engine mounts as well. either way, it will mean the petrol isnt sucked away quite so quick.
also purchased a new decal to fit on the boot or rear windscreen.. not decided yet... saying "drive like you stole it" which would, as my friends would say, explain my driving style.... im a bit heavy footed. lol

anyways.... if anyone has, or knows of someone wanting to part with a 1.2 16v airbox inlet duct, let me know. (y)

Back