Technical Mk1 Rear Seat Belts

Currently reading:
Technical Mk1 Rear Seat Belts

Very early Mk1s seem to have lots of of little differences like this, wouldn't be surprised if they were forgotten about on the very early cars:rolleyes:

My Sisley had 3 point belts fitted at some point before I owned it (I have an invoice for belts and fitting, late 1990s I think) I presumed it must have not had them before that, but maybe it had the floaty reel lap type ones. It has factory mounting points for 3 point belts, so I would guess all Mk2s do. Still not much use for David though:eek:

It is weird. Here's a pic showing what mounts there are - and aren't! Will have a good trawl of the seatbelt provider's info. Ideally I do want 3 point (4 point!?) belts for the booster/babyseat, but the only way I can think of achieving that is welding in new mounts behind the trim panel....

Attachments

• 2014-09-05 18.41.42.jpg
    2014-09-05 18.41.42.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 28
  • 2014-09-05 18.42.16.jpg
    2014-09-05 18.42.16.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 25
Last edited:
It is weird. Here's a pic showing what mounts there are - and aren't! Will have a good trawl of the seatbelt provider's info. Ideally I do want 3 point (4 point!?) belts for the booster/babyseat, but the only way I can think of achieving that is welding in new mounts behind the trim panel....

...unless you could have the inertia reels directly attached to the C-pillar mounting point (using the ones Palio showed, above)...? But they might interfere with the rear window openers.... :confused:

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Back