General MK1 Punto Clutch Problem

Currently reading:
General MK1 Punto Clutch Problem

mogsyd

Hi, hope there is someone out there who can help shed a bit of light on my problem.
Just recently when I press down on the clutch there is a screeching noise, took it too a garage and they said it was the bearings going and that it ll cost me £150 for a new clutch. I ve been reading though all the fiat forums with various answers, any ideas?
Thanks

Yeah, that sound like what i paid for mine. My mechanic showed the the old clutch, it was in more then 3 pieces :eek:

I had to change my clutch kit a week ago and it cost me GBP 60 only(y) then again I live in Sri lanka :p

seems like a common problem on mk1 puntos. but its still holding out, just waiting for a few more quotes to get back to me.

if you have any sort of mechanical aptitude then its fiddly but easily doable --best if you have someone you help, but a trolly jack, axle stands and a few good tools should see the job done in half a day
used the trolly jack to take weight of gearbox when released and to lift when replacing, best done by dropping down

yup sounds like clutch release bearing better to get new then used because a used one is likely to be as bad if it's been sat in a scrappy for ages

Back