Styling MK1 Cabrio aerial placement

Currently reading:
Styling MK1 Cabrio aerial placement

Bauk

On my cabrio 98, I have the original radio aerial, but every time I close the roof, I need to get out of the car to bring back the aerial in a non vertical position.

Anyone who is aware of better aftermarket replacements, any onther ideas?

Thanks!

On my cabrio 98, I have the original radio aerial, but every time I close the roof, I need to get out of the car to bring back the aerial in a non vertical position.

Anyone who is aware of better aftermarket replacements, any onther ideas?

Thanks!

All you can do is try & find a shorter antenna! Otherwise set it as shallow as you can & live with it! Replacements just screw in, so it is not difficult to "trim" them...might lose reception though!
David H

All you can do is try & find a shorter antenna! Otherwise set it as shallow as you can & live with it! Replacements just screw in, so it is not difficult to "trim" them...might lose reception though!
David H
I'm here again on this question! Our Cabrio's antenna has given up the unequal struggle of being hit by the folding roof or the Garage door frame!
The thing has broken deep into the moulding which must be held on from inside the Screen header rail (behind the Interior Light?
Any advice before I break the light trying to get it out ?
Also...any replacements around? I wonder how the co-ax fits into the mounting?

The interior light fitting should come out easily, the aerial is held on with a nut. Use a small flat blade screwdriver and lever out the light fitting.

The interior light fitting should come out easily, the aerial is held on with a nut. Use a small flat blade screwdriver and lever out the light fitting.
Thanks... if in doubt read the handbook! The light unclipped, there were 2x pozi screws holding the panel in place. With them removed & the panel moved aside the nut holding the mounting is exposed. DONE!

Back