Technical Mk1 75sx 1242cc punto cutting out problems

Currently reading:
Technical Mk1 75sx 1242cc punto cutting out problems

tipi182

Hi all, i was wondering if anyone can help me on a running problem on my 75sx punto. When driving at any speed the engine light occasionally comes on for about 3 seconds and the car holds back without any warning,,then the light goes out and the engine runs fine. Once or twice the engine has died totally and i have had to coast to the side of the road and start it again.I have looked round the engine and cant see anything a miss,,,can anyone help please??

cheers
Chris

Hi all, i was wondering if anyone can help me on a running problem on my 75sx punto. When driving at any speed the engine light occasionally comes on for about 3 seconds and the car holds back without any warning,,then the light goes out and the engine runs fine. Once or twice the engine has died totally and i have had to coast to the side of the road and start it again.I have looked round the engine and cant see anything a miss,,,can anyone help please??

cheers
Chris

best of having the ecu read but not every garage can do this as the socket is 3 pin. you could do a blink test on it to get a idea of what is up with it if the fault is stored in ecu

Thanks for your quick response, i have heard about the so called blink test and was wondering how i go about doing it, i looked round the car this morning with the engine running and prodded and poked all of the multi plugs to see if the engine faulted and it was all ok. I am hoping the blink test might possibly help instead of a trip to the dealers.

Cheers

Back