General MK 4 Panda 4x4 due 2023?

Currently reading:
General MK 4 Panda 4x4 due 2023?

soc

Looking to replace my Panda Twinair 4x4 next year and would like to get the replacement to the MK3.

Any idea when the new MK 4 Panda 4x4 will be launched, possibly 2023?

Looking to replace my Panda Twinair 4x4 next year and would like to get the replacement to the MK3.

Any idea when the new MK 4 Panda 4x4 will be launched, possibly 2023?
Will they be able to electrify the 4x4?

An electric 4x4 would be great but it will be bigger than the Panda of old - adequate batteries cannot be made physically small enough to be useful in small cars. It would have to be a twin motor as the battery sits where the 4x4 drive shaft runs. The Jeep Renegade is about as small as things will get. Anything smaller cant carry a useful battery.
Fiat would probably do a very good job of it, but they sold out to Peugeot so don't hold your breath. The silly "Stelantis" name exposes the reality of this behemoth company. It is already failing to adapt and sadly we are losing Fiat along with them.

An electric 4x4 would be great but it will be bigger than the Panda of old - adequate batteries cannot be made physically small enough to be useful in small cars. It would have to be a twin motor as the battery sits where the 4x4 drive shaft runs. The Jeep Renegade is about as small as things will get. Anything smaller cant carry a useful battery.
Fiat would probably do a very good job of it, but they sold out to Peugeot so don't hold your breath. The silly "Stelantis" name exposes the reality of this behemoth company. It is already failing to adapt and sadly we are losing Fiat along with them.
The line up also includes hybrid versions of the second-generation 500 and the Panda. Both see their basic 1.2-litre engines replaced by an all-new electrified 1.0-litre unit. The engine is a naturally aspirated three-cylinder that’s paired with a 12-volt belt-integrated starter generator and an 11Ah battery.

????

will they not fit it to all panda models

new trim level announced

if in wheel electric hubs take off all EV will became 4x4

Ah, 'mild hybrid' stuff, basically a glorified stop-start system, especially at only 12V...

I do know a guy converting a Panda to full EV... targeting ~100miles range I think. Fiat should be able to do better quite easily if designing as an EV from the start!

When I was doing the rear axles on my Pandas I realised it would not be hard to fit two battery packs. One in place of fuel tank and one in the (now vacated) engine bay. Fiat should be able to do much better. 4x4 type rear suspension with coil-over shocks would considerably increase potential battery space.

Mild hybrids are nothing more than compliance objects that can be sold to guilible Londoners who are no longer allowed to drive ordinary cars.

Back