Technical Mk 2 y reg 1.2 8valve, using loads of petrol

Currently reading:
Technical Mk 2 y reg 1.2 8valve, using loads of petrol

david295

Established member
my mark 2 is using loads of petrol, there is no leak, ive changed plugs, oil, air filter, ive tryed redex, but nowt works, any ideas any one

does it run normally?
yes it's running good, it packed up in mersey tunnel yesterday, i replaced coil pack and its fine now, but i have noticed that when its ticking over at the lights, the tick over is not constant, the engine has a very slight shake, and when i put my foot on throttle it has a very slight hesitation before it revs

For that there is either a leak or a hell of a load of black smoke from your exhaust!

A leak isn't detectable as the petrol evapourates!
there is a lot of pressure release when i remove fuel filler cap, so i assumed there was no leak, as i thought if there was there would be no pressure release, there is no smell of petrol from car,

how many miles has it done? without being rude, it may be pretty nacked by the sounds of things... i cant seem to figure out the problem is if your certain there's no leak, take it to a garage, get it checked for a leak, if the head gasket was gone completely you would feel a loss of power and most likely drinking coolant, not fuel.
Sadly thats as much as i know im afraid! Good luck!

On the car with the hissy fuel cap the breather must be faulty. Look under the rear wheel arch . If its clogged with mud that's likely the cause.

Back