IMAG0048.jpg

Seicento MitsiCento

Introduction

well back with a fresh fiat and think i have got my grubby little mits on a half decent little motor

what i have is a 2000 Yreg seicento sx 1108mpi, i bought it as spares or repares due to a headgasket problem but dont think it is myself, so got it as a cheap little project and see what magic i can pull with it lol
cheers, yeah going for a sei this time as it was dirt cheap and solid with a "dead" engine which has turned out to be a sump and rocker gasket lol

well got its first mod today, next on the hit list is some lowering springs as i have a set of wheels lined up just have to go collect them.
i know the engine looks tatty as hell but dont really cre as its only coming out anyway lol once i decided on the easiest way to do a conversion as i cant really justify standalone unless i turbo the little mite lol

Attachments

• IMAG0081.jpg
    IMAG0081.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 106
Last edited:
My arches were "just starting to bubble" inside the boot, turns out there was rust hidden between the two skins, below the seatbelt reel. Screwdriver went right through it, hole big enough for a finger through into the arch.

yeah thats what my 2 cinqs died with but i am aware of all the worst points for rot on these now (i think) and this seems to be good lol if not my friend is good with a welder.

well here is step 1, alloys, next i NEED the lowering springs i have lined up so its a little less 4x4 lol.

Attachments

• IMAG0094.jpg
    IMAG0094.jpg
    1,010.3 KB · Views: 64
  • IMAG0095.jpg
    IMAG0095.jpg
    987.4 KB · Views: 61
right well got the new sump fitted today along with the new battery and gave it an oil filter and oil change along with a fresh cone filter, now i had it sat on the drive ticking over for about 20mins and the rad was still ice cold but i was getting red hot air out the dash vents, is this how they are or is it a stuck thermostat??

i am just going to take the internals and run with out a thermo stat, i ran my cinq like this with no problem, just need to get a new gasket for it first as the one thats on at the mo will certainly break when i take it apart.

yes the sills are just starting to go and i am going to deal with them in the coming weeks, going to wld some new sills on and the cover them with some sporting or arbarth style skirts, thats the main reason why i got the car for peanuts lol, they arent through yet but they are on their way lol.

Back