Technical Misfiring when letting off throttle Abarth 500

Currently reading:
Technical Misfiring when letting off throttle Abarth 500

mastro500

Hi There,

I currently have an issue with my 2011 Abarth 500 ss (TJet) with a misfiring issue when letting off the throttle, The check engine light and also the ASR light also illuminated. I have changed the plugs ,replaced the coil packs and boost valve. I decided also at the time to change the fuel incase it was contaminated, but still the same issue.... At one stage when I was driving it the engine light came on started to misfire quite badly and eventually stalled with no throttle response what so ever and went into limp mode. It also did take a while to start and when it did eventually get going it was running quite rough. I have scanned the car with the MultiECU Scan and the codes are attached.. including all 4 cylinder injector codes with (Short Circuit to ground) and ( P0300-98 Ignition Failures generic) has this happened to anyone else?

Attachments

• d113aa72-7428-49f5-8550-fd4a058687ba.jpg
    d113aa72-7428-49f5-8550-fd4a058687ba.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 52
Sure thing the heap of codes is going to be a bit misleading there just wont be that many faults developed at the same time and its much more likely one simple thing so I agree earthing, and get some elctronics cleaning spray and give teh the ecu plugs and pins suprise clean.

Sure thing the heap of codes is going to be a bit misleading there just wont be that many faults developed at the same time and its much more likely one simple thing so I agree earthing, and get some elctronics cleaning spray and give teh the ecu plugs and pins suprise clean.
Hi yes thank you for your response, cleaned the connections with some contact cleaner and checked the earthing however the fault is still there unfortunately... :(

I suggest a compression test and a check of the cam belt as this will I/D or rule out some big possible issues. If timing belt is OK then you can start checking sensors and ancillaries.
Yes thank you for your suggestion and assistance.. found out in the end its an internal ECU fault.. have to send the ECU away for repair.. :(

Back