General Mint mark 1 turbo... HELP ME

Currently reading:
General Mint mark 1 turbo... HELP ME

Goldie Punto said:
How much are these hoses ?

Do they also include the central connector.

Basically the hoses cost nothing. It's standard fuel hosing that you cut to length, the length being no more than around 5 cm each piece. Five of them meaning no more than about 30cm in length. Can't remember the diametre so you'll have to check. Check with yours before you cut them. Can't remember the diametre so you'll have to check. These are then attached to the fuel rail which is in 2 pieces, joined by the 5th bit of hosing in the middle. At manufacture Fiat sealed these hoses with collars that you have to destroy to get off. I've always replaced them with jubilee clips and they work fine. 5 pieces of pipe, 10 clips and some time to dismantle all the ancilliaries to get to them and you're done.

Matteo.

electricmice said:
Basically the hoses cost nothing. It's standard fuel hosing that you cut to length, the length being no more than around 5 cm each piece. Five of them meaning no more than about 30cm in length. Can't remember the diametre so you'll have to check. Check with yours before you cut them. Can't remember the diametre so you'll have to check. These are then attached to the fuel rail which is in 2 pieces, joined by the 5th bit of hosing in the middle. At manufacture Fiat sealed these hoses with collars that you have to destroy to get off. I've always replaced them with jubilee clips and they work fine. 5 pieces of pipe, 10 clips and some time to dismantle all the ancilliaries to get to them and you're done.

Matteo.

Nice one.

So i take it you end up with a few T pieces so to speak and you just make it up how it used to be ?

Are the standard collars metal ?

The other day i pulled on the fuel pipe/rail and it driped down on to the inlet manifold from left of the 3rd injector pipe. (center section)

Last edited:
Sounds like you gotta do the work. My current MkI was fine although the hoses were old. My previous MkI was bleeding on 3 pipes when I noticed and considering the manifold is right underneath it's just not worth the risk. Years ago a friend of mine had his catch fire on the motorway and he just had to sit on the verge and watch it melt. It's not that difficult just a bit fiddly. Get the rail out and with a pair of pliars snip the collars (they are metal but quite thin) and bend them off. You have to get small jubilees though cos there ain't much room.

Hope this helps....................M.

electricmice said:
Sounds like you gotta do the work. My current MkI was fine although the hoses were old. My previous MkI was bleeding on 3 pipes when I noticed and considering the manifold is right underneath it's just not worth the risk. Years ago a friend of mine had his catch fire on the motorway and he just had to sit on the verge and watch it melt. It's not that difficult just a bit fiddly. Get the rail out and with a pair of pliars snip the collars (they are metal but quite thin) and bend them off. You have to get small jubilees though cos there ain't much room.

Hope this helps....................M.

ok thanks alot.

Back