General Mint mark 1 turbo... HELP ME

Currently reading:
General Mint mark 1 turbo... HELP ME

Oh rite im with ya, u did own it hen you found it again cool, so how much did you pay for it then mate the reserve was 300 quid on the auction..
Don't scrap the poor thing try and keep her alive..
I must say ur mk1 looks clean, clean as a whistle. :) :D :p

yes it is thank you, i'm not going to say how much i paid for it but i wont be scrapping the uno, i shall be sorting the problems with it and getting it back on road,

there is some more pictures of my uno on this site but i cant remember where nor find them so i have attached some more and the last of the red one :)

with regards to the digital dash there is a button on it which changes the display to either KPH or MPH

Attachments

• P6060066 (Large).JPG
    P6060066 (Large).JPG
    134.1 KB · Views: 24
  • P6060028 (Large).JPG
    P6060028 (Large).JPG
    110.6 KB · Views: 32
  • P6060026 (Medium).JPG
    P6060026 (Medium).JPG
    78.7 KB · Views: 27
  • DSCI0136 (Medium).JPG
    DSCI0136 (Medium).JPG
    70.9 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Mate ur mk1 looks smooth as, mint.. well done.
That red one looks prety good, shame about the owners but at least you got a nice clean one to brag about.
I think the mk1 's are wicked little cars, if i had enough money i'd buy em all and save them..
Got ne good under bonnet mod's on yours :eek:

[
with regards to the digital dash there is a button on it which changes the display to either KPH or MPH[/QUOTE]

Ere mk1 kid, i've bought a dash board for 30 notes bargin.... :D How does the boost gauge work on yours because mine has a pipe going to the guage and the digital one don't have this pipe??? what bits do i need and how did you put yours in im stuck till i know how to do it :bang: :bang: :bang:

basically mate there is little knowledge on how to hook up the digital boost gauge, just block the pipe off or connect it to an aftermarket boost guage, connect the plugs in and it should work, if it doesnt then you will have to connect the large black wire to an earth and it should work

Surely there must be a way to get the digital one to light up, if it was a factory option then there must be a way to hook the guage up...
Will all the other plugs fit right into the dash ?
They look similair in shape so im hopeing that they will just plug straight in and work...
Does your digital boost guage work mate? if it does then how does it work :D
Also did you say you bought that uno because shortly after u posted he e mailed me and told me i was 1p away from the reserve and he swor blind he still had it up for sale.. strange :confused:

Dunc Uno Turbo said:
mate, give me 2 days and i'll have a guide for u on how to wire up the electronic boost guage ;) my mates have done it

Dunc

Mate if you could that would be fantastic, i'm well stuck :bang: on this dash board, keep me posted mate and thanks alot.. :D :D

Just curious - how does the speedometer work for the digital instruments? I would have thought there'd be an electronic sensor mounted on the gearbox. If so, you'd probably be able to use the sensor from a Tipo DGT.

Or does the standard speedometer cable run to the digital instrument cluster? That would be NUTS... :)

-Alex

Rob-mint-mk1-uno said:
I think the cable plugs in take a look.. and get back to me
(y)

I would tell you now how they hook up but i'd have to kill you! lol

Sorry Rob i dont have a clue its been ages since i used one.

By the way its sitting on a set of compomotive TH1's 15"x6" rare as fook rims that if anyone is interested in i might sell. I have taken one back to the bare alloy in order to give it a mirror finish but this take flipin ages!

Tom

Weird and wonderful - according to your picture the standard 'analogue' speedometer cable connects straight to the digital cluster (though I think you have the remains of a cable already on there - remove it by pulling the collar back, and the cable end should pop off).

At a time when a number of cars (e.g. FIAT Croma) had an electronic analogue speedometer (dial driven electronically, as most cars are these days) the Uno Turbo obviously had a digital display driven mechanically...

-Alex

Yeah weired..... Dunc's spossed to be sending me a tread on how to wire up the digital boost guage then its all go and get it fitted :)

Tis cool matey, when ever your done... i got plenty of polishing to be gettin on with so no great rush just dont forget.... (y) (y) (y)

There I was sitting there on the net when I decided to look for forums dealing with Uno Turbos. Some guy told me about this place and with luck on my side there seems to be conversation.

I've read the whole lot just now so I'm probably going over old stuff. 'Rob-mint-mk1-uno' - Don't spray your car any colour other than what Mirafiori the factory intended. These are turning into classics and it's already windfalling in Italy. Germany's good and so is the UK at the moment but the cars will go soon.

I'm on my third. I've attached some pictures so you can compare as it's a red '89 like yours, and I intend to get it to as close as concourse condition as I can. It's all standard except for adjustable boost under the bonnet and 40mm lower all round. I too have a digital dash but haven't even attempted to install it. Would be interested to know what you find out.

She's in a coachworks at the moment as I've taken the whole interior out and checked for all rust. In the usual places but nothing too bad. Make sure you do it otherwise they'll dissolve. I did a lot of engine work, clutch etc a few months back when I came back to the country. Bought all my parts in Italy which does make a difference in price. By the way your car's done about the same mileage as mine so you do need to check the injector hoses. There's 5 behind the head above the manifold. You can see them without dismantling. 4 point down to the injectors and one's a central connector. If they're wet change them otherwise your car could go up in flames. I've seen it.

My future intentions are to get the engine out and do a complete overhaul on it and the body but that's only when I find a suitcase of money.

By the way I'm new to this tonight so I don't know if I 've done anything wrong.

Matteo

Attachments

• 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    231.4 KB · Views: 18
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    241.4 KB · Views: 21
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    235.1 KB · Views: 31
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    245.1 KB · Views: 25
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    256.4 KB · Views: 28
Hello and welcome to fiat forum...

Your uno looks cool mate, they are far better standard i think. i have a spare lump so i intend on modding that up and chuck it in..
This site is great if you need help or advice on any thing then just leave a post and loads of people help out (y)
Alex,tom,frosty and dunc are the few names you will see quite a bit in the uno section and are very helpfull... Chect out dunc's re-shelled turbo with a phat intercooler hanging out the front...
Nice to see a standard one just the same as mine :D :D nice one..

rob :)

Cheers.

Have you got any pictures of yours? It's true that there aren't many around. I know of maybe a couple. Would love to get an '89 G antiskid in white. For me it's the holy grail.

Speak soon...

Matteo

Glad to see you made it on here Matteo, it's good to have more enthusiasts on the forum.

Rob is right, there is good bunch in the Uno section and the rest of the forum for that matter. The Uno section is quite lively again after a short quiet period. There is alot of enthusiasm for these cars and being that bit older most of the owners are pretty hands on with them and know there stuff. All kinds of stuff going on with them, restorations, reshells, upgrades, I just wish I had more time to do stuff on mine.

I see from your post you've got the interior out. Have you got the seats sorted yet? Must say your Mk1 one looks fantastic, possibly the best I've seen! These cars are popping up all over the place.

Cheers Trevor

Back