Milk Bottle(Glass) V'S Milk Bottle(Plastic)

Currently reading:
Milk Bottle(Glass) V'S Milk Bottle(Plastic)

I'm pretty sure that Costa use bags of milk, behind the counter, and when I tried to look it up I found the following:
https://www.eater.com/2019/10/21/20919693/milk-carton-bag-pouch-history
It turns out that many countries use milk bags: Canada, India, China, Israel, Russia, Ukraine, Iran, Columbia, Uruguay, Argentina, Hungary, South Africa and parts of the US.
I am surprised the bags are so popular. Me, I am more than happy with glass milk bottles. Even though they do take a bit of time cleaning them, they are so well balanced in my hand when I pour the milk out. Worth the effort. Thanks for replying.:)

Milk bottles would be handy for molotov cocktails for when Putin is at the door.
Probably not the same with a plastic container.

People were saying earlier in the thread that they had vague memories of Cravendale milk but can't remember having seen it recently. It seems to be in Sainsburys up here and I've seen it from time to time in Lidl (or was it Aldi?) - just in case anyone is interested.
Checked on Google. Sainsbury''s do sell it. Filtered for purity. Supposed to last longer.
Co-op milk has a good sell by date. Brought one yesterday, (I get the 4 pint container). Sell by date is 18 March. Be used well before then.

The slightly disturbing adverts were more memorable
Yes, I seem to remember they often featured "strange" cats but the one that sticks with me was about a biscuit which jumped into a lake of milk and melted. The accompanying sound track was just plain weird! I just looked for it on you tube and if you look for "Cravendale Barry the biscuit boy", you too can revel in the madness!

Yes, I seem to remember they often featured "strange" cats but the one that sticks with me was about a biscuit which jumped into a lake of milk and melted. The accompanying sound track was just plain weird! I just looked for it on you tube and if you look for "Cravendale Barry the biscuit boy", you too can revel in the madness!
Just watched it. Unbelievable. Don't want to see if again. EVER!!!

Freaky plastic cow and pirate guy came to mind for me.

Reactions: AED
Magic Roundabout had a character for just about every personality type and substance (ab)use. But even Ermentrude failed to mention milk.

Reactions: AED
Magic Roundabout had a character for just about every personality type and substance (ab)use. But even Ermentrude failed to mention milk.
We never discovered what Ermentrude preferred to drink. But for sure her "just the one dear" was unlikely to be milk.

Back