General Mileage

Currently reading:
General Mileage

Former 1.9 Mjet Eleganza Multipla was 57 Plate with 40k, before my current obsession an Alfa 159 Q4 ( 2.4 Litre, 5 Cylinder, 20v Multijet with 4 Wheel Drive )

. . . would love to get mine to 200k but I'm scared of how much it will cost to get that far . . .

When I bought the Coupé wheels I have on mine, the boss at the place was bragging how his own Multi had racked up nearly 250,000miles without anything major needed.
He was going on and on about how he thrashed it mercilessly everywhere, and one of his mechanics caught my eye, and just rolled his eyes.
I had a word with him afterwards, and he told me that he'd personally replaced just about every major component on it (some more than once) over the three years or so the boss had owned it :p

02 115 JTD
181,400 miles

I'm determined to get it to 200,000 before scrapping it.

Bugger!
Me and my big mouth.

Wife just got the car back home from Milton Keynes, courtesy of the AA.
She said it just suddenly started shaking and lost all power.
Starts and idles (very rough and 'lumpy'), plumes of smoke when revved, reckon the Turbo's let go. (n)

200k it's not a number. Cars are running much more bigger numbers than this. My ex Lancia lybra 2,4 jtd was near 400k kilometers and it's still running perfect without any big investations

Back