Technical Mileage on dashboard

Currently reading:
Technical Mileage on dashboard

chaazureblue

Briony GardenDesigner
Sorry for odd question but. I've fit a slight dilemma.

I have clocked up 24,000 on my mileage but I don't want my dad to find out.

I can't remember if there is a way of hiding the mileage off the dash say when I am driving so he can't see it? I know I should tell him but going through enough at home.

Please could you advice me on what to do? Apart from not drive him anywhere.

Sorry for odd question but. I've fit a slight dilemma.

I have clocked up 24,000 on my mileage but I don't want my dad to find out.

I can't remember if there is a way of hiding the mileage off the dash say when I am driving so he can't see it? I know I should tell him but going through enough at home.

Please could you advice me on what to do? Apart from not drive him anywhere.
Nope. No way to do this.

Maxi is right about that.
You could change the miles to Kilometres ! :idea:
and hopefully he wouldn't be able to do the maths on the conversion.

If you can't hid the truth at least it make it a little harder for him to find out.:)

Last edited:
Why would you need to hide the mileage from your father? Do you 'take the car for a ride' at night? haha

the only way you can hide it (i cant believe i am hearing this) is to clock it to show a false low mileage.

Once again i cant understand why you would do this and maybe you should just show the truth to your father

Admittedly, probably, the strangest post I've seen on here.

Short of 'doing the dirty' and pulling out the odometer instrument panel and replacing it with one from a low mileage scrapped vehicle, you've blown it.

Come clean!

Ah, just thought, you probably can't do the above with these modern instrument panels seeing as they're all digital. Analogue you could do it.

Last edited:
Admittedly, probably, the strangest post I've seen on here.

Short of 'doing the dirty' and pulling out the odometer instrument panel and replacing it with one from a low mileage scrapped vehicle, you've blown it.

Come clean!

Ah, just thought, you probably can't do the above with these modern instrument panels seeing as they're all digital. Analogue you could do it.

The body computer holds the mileage IIRC. The instrument panel just displays it.

Buy another car with lower milage and transfer the number plate over to the new car and your dad will never know, or grow a pair.

Hope that helps

Back