General Fiat 500 S 2014 dashboard query

Currently reading:
General Fiat 500 S 2014 dashboard query

Drizzyxs

Hi all, I just bought a 2014 fiat 500 sport variant at a garage however I’m a little confused. The car itself is the same year as the one my uncle has however my uncle has a much more modern digital display on the dashboard.

The car I have purchased however has a dashboard like this. I am just wondering if I am missing something and is there a button somewhere to change the dashboard to the more modern view please? They seem to be the exact same model so I can’t understand why they’d be so different.

The first pic is what it looks like with just a small circle of digital information whereas the second pic is what my uncles car looks like.

Attachments

• IMG_0408.jpeg
    IMG_0408.jpeg
    112.2 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_0409.jpeg
    IMG_0409.jpeg
    99 KB · Views: 29
Hi Dizzy
Your uncles fiat 500 as the TFT cluster and yours as the standard cluster. I am guessing the TFT cluster was an optional extra when buying from new.
You can buy the TFT clusters from auction sites and fit them yourself but you will need the multiscanecu on a laptop plus the leads to put the mileage right and perform a proxy alignment.
Also you will need to buy a second hand cluster with lower mileage cause you can add miles on the clocks but you can't take miles off for clocking reasons. Also you need the second hand cluster to come of the same style car (pre face lift) because some of the functions will not work else.

I hope this helped
Pidge

Hi Dizzy
Your uncles fiat 500 as the TFT cluster and yours as the standard cluster. I am guessing the TFT cluster was an optional extra when buying from new.
You can buy the TFT clusters from auction sites and fit them yourself but you will need the multiscanecu on a laptop plus the leads to put the mileage right and perform a proxy alignment.
Also you will need to buy a second hand cluster with lower mileage cause you can add miles on the clocks but you can't take miles off for clocking reasons. Also you need the second hand cluster to come of the same style car (pre face lift) because some of the functions will not work else.

I hope this helped
Pidge
Thanks Pidge, I’m relatively good with technology but terrible with cars and wouldn’t want to mess things up. Is this something that I could pay a mechanic to replace do you think? Or would they not be willing to do something like this. It seems like the part is going for £250 roughly on eBay. When you say the cluster needs to be the same style car do you mean that I need to look for a Sport cluster variant?

Hi there are differences between the original cars, the pre-facelift models, and face lift cars so you need a speedo from pre -facelift car!- when searching its best to try to aim to get one from a car of the same model year as your own for best compatability! also be aware that by far the majority of sellers on e- bay are traders who DO NOT LIST THE MILAGE on the units they are selling so finding a speedo from the right type and model year for your car with LOWER mileage than your current reading could be a frustrating and lengthy process as they are hard to come by at best by far the majority for sale are the older type that you already have!.
As for fitting it google love 500 to access Pauls you tube channel- if you search there you will find his tutorial on removing and re-fitting the speedo units not particuarly hard to do with the right tools just fiddly!.
Finally if you get the above sorted then look in the MULTI ECU SCAN section of this forum to see if there is a member near you who can help with the proxy alignment!, it sounds complicated but in truth its a 10 minute procedure!- most of us do it for free or a small fee- fiat dealers charge you £180 for the same thing! hope this helps best of luck!

Last edited:
Back