East Midlands Midlands Italia Mini Meet (Nottingham)

Currently reading:
East Midlands Midlands Italia Mini Meet (Nottingham)

Midlands Italia Mini Meet (Nottingham)
Posted by benny279
Nottingham
Sunday, September 8, 2013 - 01:00 AM
Until: Sunday, September 8, 2013 - 04:00 AM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Re: Midlands Italia - Engine Swap

Hmm, okay.

I propose that we meet up at Ben's, (If that's okay Ben?)

Then go geocaching locally (Within 5/10 miles)

How's that sound?? :D

( benny279 PM me your post code please so I can see exactly where you live dude. (y) )

Dom

As long as no one stalks me, AIMED at you Dominic :devil:

Ben

How does a few Geocaches this Sunday sound? :D

Dom

Your tempting me out now Dom. It was a surreal experience the last time with several cars cramming down tiny one way lanes looking for something that nobody knows what it looks like. Locals thought we were mad, but it was hilarious fun! :cool:

What exactly is geocaching?? Hah

Sam

It's exactly that. A treasure hunt. Where you are given co-ordinates to where the treasure is, and usually given a clue. It can be anything and be anywhere. First one Dom ever took me too was the very first MI meet. It was in a Tesco Car Park and the location was smack bang where the trolley bay was. The 'geocache', or treasure for all intents and purposes, was a small capsule glued into an old dead snails shell, which was stuck to the underside of the trolley bay metal framework. A pain to find, but fun.

Now imagine about 6 or 7 of us scrawling over a tiny village centre square looking for something we didn't even know what it was - turned out to be a coke bottle top stuck to the underside of the village bench via magnet.

Its seriously fun :) Ha

Your tempting me out now Dom. It was a surreal experience the last time with several cars cramming down tiny one way lanes looking for something that nobody knows what it looks like. Locals thought we were mad, but it was hilarious fun! :cool:

It's exactly that. A treasure hunt. Where you are given co-ordinates to where the treasure is, and usually given a clue. It can be anything and be anywhere. First one Dom ever took me too was the very first MI meet. It was in a Tesco Car Park and the location was smack bang where the trolley bay was. The 'geocache', or treasure for all intents and purposes, was a small capsule glued into an old dead snails shell, which was stuck to the underside of the trolley bay metal framework. A pain to find, but fun.

Now imagine about 6 or 7 of us scrawling over a tiny village centre square looking for something we didn't even know what it was - turned out to be a coke bottle top stuck to the underside of the village bench via magnet.

Its seriously fun :) Ha

So who sets the gepcaches up and picks there place and also what do we use to find the coordinates. Sat nav??

Sam

I'm slightly confused as to when and where we are meeting? :p not bothered what we will do when together as I'm sure it'll be a hoot :) haha

So who sets the gepcaches up and picks there place and also what do we use to find the coordinates. Sat nav??

Sam

You download the app on smartphone. Its like £7.99 or something, but once downloaded its free, and fun. I'm yet to do so. Dom has it on his phone, so co-ordinates are attained from him.

There are literally MILLIONS of them all over the world, never more than a few hundred metres apart somtimes. Anyone who does/has it can set one up, each person who decides to do so is solely responsible for its upkeep and checking its not stolen from time to time.

I'm talking like a pro, i've only done it twice with Dom in the past, its really quite fun ha :D

I'm slightly confused as to when and where we are meeting? :p not bothered what we will do when together as I'm sure it'll be a hoot :) haha

I believe its all coming together gradually. I'm sure within a day or two times and places will be discussed/announced (y)

Back